SINGLES REVIEWS

Ride - Mya [Download: full]
As already stated, I'm totally feeling this song because it's representative of old-skool Mya. You can also hear it in my player. I did say that if I got my hands on the mp3 I would put it up so here it is. Ride is another track from her upcoming October release Liberation.
*
Bout It - Mya feat Yung Joc [Download: full]
This is taken from one of those Tapemasters Inc mixtapes. I'm not sure if this will make the album cut of Liberation. To be honest with you I'm not sure what to make of this song. I am having a lot of mixed feelings surrounding this new Mya project. I like Ayo and Ride, but the other tracks that have leaked such as I Am, One Night and How We Carry just fail to overwhelm me. I am really hoping that some of these songs are buzz tracks that won‘t make the album, this being one of them.
*
Ring The Alarm - Beyonce [Download: full]
Finally, the CD Rip of Ring The Alarm. Despite hearing the song in much better quality, I still feel no differently about it. The song is just annoying with the screaming and the sirens. I agree that Beyonce tries way too hard to prove to the world that she can put out a hot song. Letoya is proof that you don't need a clustered club banger to have a hit record. I hope she has some nice ballads on her album because the upbeat songs just don't sound all that stellar, plus they do nothing for her vocals whatsoever.
*
When I Get Around Him - Letoya Luckett [Download: full]
This is another unreleased track produced by Teddy Bishop which uses a so-and-so sample. It's another ballad but it's one of those tracks that should’ve made the final cut of the album. I'm totally feeling this. Nice track.
*
When Your Body Is Talking - Cassie [Download: full]
This is a bonus track which again I'm feeling. It's chilled and sexy. I knew I'd like this song before hearing it because as far as good beats are concerned, she's pretty consistent with it.
*
Blindfold Me - Kelis [Download: full]
This track is hot and is said to be her 2nd single. This is something you can dance to on the dancefloor. The drums are very effective. This is more the Kelis I've grown to like over the years.

9 Comments:

Ruben's Crazy World said...

Is there two versions to the song "bout it" with young Joc, because i have that song but with 3lW, so which version is on the step up album?

The cassie song is great, all these bonus tracks that didnt make the cd are very good im just wondering why the hell they didnt make it on there! oh well It seems a little wierd to me,

Anonymous said...

why do you try to do the same thing that concreteloop.com ??? You don't have personnality?

Anonymous said...

@ Sheeva..
I know you ain't talking to Toya. She is far from the stan infested Concrete Loop. She holds it down for new R&B, so try again honey.

Now that that's over. Beyonce's shit sucks ass. I'm scared to hear B-Day at this point. Kelis' Blindfold is hot! I can't wait to hear that even tho a couple of the leaked songs had me worried.

Anonymous said...

Toya, there are so many bad things going for Bee. I think the main focus lies within the rushed production. Déja Vu features a great production and the beat is very good. The vocals were too rushed in there. Au contraire, we face "Ring The Alarm".
It features so many things from much more successful songs and still is wack. That's pitiful since I was really feeling it. The sirens are taken from Busta's "Touch It". If it was so, and the song is a kinda "diss song", percussions shoulda been much more agressive. All I heard was a handclap and a bass. I was particularly dissatisfied with the fact they muffled Beyoncé's PreHook. I thought it was something very hot and would have sounded great. Sorry Bee, Kelis said: "I'm the first girl to scream on a track". The chord progression is awful and makes the melody get lost big time. I don't think there's a melody at all. It reminds me a little bit of Toni Braxton's "He Wasn't Man Enough" and the guitar feature would have been pretty nice in RTA (Don't say guitars can't diss, Jojo's "Leave" used guitar and still was agressive). Both songs had a similar subject and yet... poor Bee. She's so talented, but hasn't been making the right decissions. All shit comes down with the fact she pushed the album out way too son without any sign of polish. She's so much more able to do something better to sweep everyone else and she's letting others sweep the floor with her. Production is deep down wack. Poor Bee, I'm gonna be so sorry for her when this "album" comes out. Toya, why don't we make a petition to get this thing pushed back so Beyoncé can sit her ass down and try to focus on the problems that lie deep in the album? Dangerously In Love was soo good... she's absolutely in no position to go for the "sophomore slump".
Thanx Toya, for hearing my rambling. I love u to pieces, dear!!!
Keep it up Toya, this is one hot blog!
Cheers!
Try 2 sing 1 song with 1 song...
Atte. Dan!

Toya said...

I'm not sure @ Ruben. The only one I heard was this one.

Sheeva, Concrete Loop is a great site but I have my own personality thank you very much. I've been doing this for the past 2 years now so if you're new to my site, don't speak on what you don't know.

@ Chloe, you got that right, LOL!

Daniel, great breakdown. Couldn't agree with you more. However, I thought the first petition would've woken her up but obviously it hasn't. If her people are smart, they'll push back the album. But we'll see what happens.

ps

You can rant anytime you like. I always enjoy them. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but Beyonce's strong point was her ballads...I guess that's why dangerously in Love had many.

Anonymous said...

Well, Toya, You are right about the song "Ring The Alarm". It's a little too much for Beyonce. I mean I respect the fact that Beyonce is trying new things. But I think that song would have been better off as a song on the CD, not as a single. Or maybe she's tryna send a message to her man, Jay, concerning a certain "someone" who shall remain nameless. I don't know. But I like "Deja Vu" better too. And don't even get me started on the album cover for B-Day...I don't know who in the world would think "Ring The Alarm" is better than "Deja Vu". But I am Beyonce's #1 phan and I support EVERYTHING she does. I just can't stand her with Jay-Z. Ewww. But Bee is my baby though. Love her to death.

Anonymous said...

Ring the Alarm WILL be a club banger..it's hot. You all just wait and see.....

Anonymous said...

Love Ring The Alarm

Its hot and her passion in singing that song is there she killed it

"Ring the Alarm I been gone to long but I'll be damned if I see another chick on your arm"

give it to them Bee the song is Fiyah