ALBUM REVIEW: SPECIAL OCCASION - BOBBY VALENTINO (ADVANCE CUT)

Album Review, written by Toya

Weeks ago, I stated that Wreck was a jamming track but his lead single Turn The Page has more oomph, so I'm glad that the Darkchild produced track is getting released instead of this one. Don't Wake Me Up is a slow paced track about finding love so good, it feels like he's in a dream and due to this feeling, he doesn't want to wake up. The song is boring and does nothing for me at all. Definitely one of his weaker offerings. Now I like Check List. It's about all the things a guy needs to do before he takes his girl out. Sounds very Usher-like to me but that's not a bad thing at all. Even the vocal is similar. Ironic that the track Brand New is called such when it uses a very popular sample but upon overlooking this, I am totally feeling this ballad. Hot has a very similar baseline to that of Tell Me but the beat is what the song says it is - hot. Pullin' Up, oh no, not the siren! Not really feeling this at all. Boy Shorts is another pleasant but mellow track about making sweet lurve! This is definitely one for the bedroom ladies. Checkin' Me is a pretty compelling upbeat track whereas Alone is an edgy cut about the woes of being on your own. I also stumbled across his group's album
Mista the other day and that album is in fact very good so check that out whenever you have the time. Well, Special Occasion sounds like it's going to be a good album. I'm not sure if all of these tracks will make the final cut. Personally, I'd rather not see Don't Wake Me Up and Pullin' Up on the retail but it's not up to me so ...

Rating: 3/5

ps - the password for Mista is jacques

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

SEND ME THIS ALBUM PLEASE!

rouchie@yahoo.com