I'M GLAD LETOYA IS NO1...

This week Letoya's self-titled debut album Letoya entered the top 10 Album Billboard chart at no1 and she shut her naysayers down! She sold little under 200K in her first week.

Now I don't want to take anything away from Letoya's success because I think her album is hot so the no 1 chart position was well deserved. However, isn't that the same amount Nick Lachey sold with his What's Left of Me CD? I am just saying that album sales are pretty low considering. Either that or it was a slow week. I mean Christina Milian's CD It's About Time got a top 10 debut on billboard despite only pushing 60K. These days it seems you don't have to do massive numbers to gain a respectable chart position.

Nick Lachey sold around the same as Letoya and debuted at no2 and dropped off. I will cut her some slack because as she's a newcomer those numbers are pretty validating. I guess that spells disappointment for Pharrell's In My Mind, which surprisingly was a pretty good album in my opinion.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

can someone tell me whats the name of the song in her outro i just love it but i dont know the name of it.