LISTEN TO NEW TRACKS FROM LIBERATION

You can listen to new songs here. I'm totally feelin' "Ridin". It is more the old-skool Mya that I grew to love. "How We Carry" is just okay. It doesn't sound like it should be an album track but more like a demo. The Mya vibe just doesn't grace this. It doesn't do anything for me really. "Ayo" has been out a hot minute and I like that song too, but really the songs aren't as outstanding as what she put out on Fear of Flying, and even Moodring was good. I loved her debut also. If anyone can rip these songs, email me and I'll put them up. I'm just kind of aching for a hot, fierce, untouchable and ass shaking upbeat track right now which is what we're currently missing. Mya can dance her ass off and can do a great video so a hot fast-paced track could really seal the deal. I think she's going to get lost and will be put at the back like Monica and Kelis. There are too many big female acts like Janet, Fergie and Beyonce who are likely to grab all the accolades and steal all the shine. This year, you can't afford to put out a mediocre song. You have to come with it. I'm just not sure if these kind of songs will hold up as strong lead singles. Come to think of it, she IS on Motown and that kind of scares me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

HOTT I LIKE THE NEW MUSIC FROM MYA CAN'T WAIT FOR HER NEW ALBUM

Toya said...

I can't wait for it either!