MORE FROM THE CHRISTINA MILIAN & MISS JONES SAGA

"It's been bugging me since the rumor was spread, but I have been trying to keep out of getting eaten' up by the media. I dont wanna start drama when I'm still working on getting out of my deal ..."SoS" was not offered to me by LA Reid at all. As a matter of fact, LA wanted me to record a whole other song-- Rodney Jerkin's record which ended up being Megan Rochell's single. I didnt feel it was a single for me. I didnt feel it matched my style or my album. So I turned it down. However, just cause I turned the record down doesn't mean LA and I were on bad terms. Actually him and I were on really good terms. But u know how people have to throw salt on the situation to make it sound interesting. Really, the breakup with Def Jam really wasn't that serious... Def Jam is going through many changes and I was part of the change. The history with them is 5/6yrs deep. I havent gotten to really spread my wings and sell records yet. Honestly, you and I know I am in a better position now being able to have a fresh start. I dont want no drama! For real though, by next year I will have a new album" - Christina Milian

Well, I am pleased that she set the record straight to the fans. And even if she was offered SOS, I don't think it would've suited her. It just didn't sound like her type of song at all. But I completely hated Say I as well, just as much as that SOS song. Not to mention that the video was wack. But the Megan Rochelle track, that's another story and totally new to me. I actually think she was silly to refuse
this song because it's totally her style and the song is hot, but if she says it wouldn't fit the album oh well. She should know. Now for those who aren't familiar with Megan Rochelle, she's another gorgeous R&B singer on the come-up. I have a few of her songs actually and cannot wait for her CD to drop. She is one of the underground artists that I've been feeling for quite some time now and she's not all looks either. This chick can actually sing. Now Miss Jones just seems totally angry because her R&B career tanked and she's gone from attractive and sexy to gross and morbidly obese. You'd think Miss Tarsha Jones would be more sympathetic considering that she knows all about being dropped from a record label. Further more, Christina gets the last laugh because her movie went in at no5 at the box office which opened at $8.46. I want to see the movie but everyone says it sucks donkey balls. However, I take it we'll be seeing more of her in the movies. After all, she IS visually beautiful so men will definetely pay to look at her. Listening to her is another story though *lol* Well, if my CD was at Amazon selling for next to nothing I'd be somewhat bitter my damn self:
Hahaha. The sad thing about it is that I actually owned this CD and it was actually a very good album.

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Jones is just mad cuz she don't have a life anymore. If she doesn't know radio is where some use to be's end up. Or Surreal Life! Ms Milan, tell Mr. Jones to suck it!

Anonymous said...

toya you aren't the only one who owns that album . where i wanna be is my jam , but that sadly is the only song that i have heard from that album. besides that song she did with az called sugar hill i haven't heard anything else from miss jones.

Random J said...

"The one you need" woulda been good in the hands of Milian, she has that voice that could ride the beat in the way Megan does.

Still, Megan does the damn thing on that track and does it well. And Rodney Jerkins came correct with that beat.

How many people were offered this song!? Wasn't it offered to Shamari Fears as well at one point under the name "I can be" or suttin' like that?

As for Megan, I can't WAIT for "You, me & the radio" to drop. "Betcha" grows on me more and more, "I still" is a JAM and I can't wait to hear "Let go", "Heartbreak" and "My mistake" in full.

Anonymous said...

has anyone ever bit back at miss jones whilst on her show? it would be hillarious for someone to start asking her about her failed music career.

Anonymous said...

Christina was smart for not taking "The One You Need" The song tanked much worst than "Say I" which is a top 30 single. Meagan Rochell isn't doing too hot neither. Sad too say but she will be the next too go. Her song did so bad the video didn't even premiere.

Anonymous said...

I liked Meagan's The One You Need. I wondered why I didn't see the video on tv. I seen it on the net though. Her single on the radio now sounds like a little girl sound(Floating) but I like it. Its cute.

Random J said...

"Floating" is a weak single. I think something like "Let go" would be better.

Def Jam should've focused on Megan's career instead of Rihanna's over the summer. "My mistake" and "The one you need" are Summer anthems right there. If they re-shot the video (it is a whack video) and re-released it and came correct with promoting her, "The one you need" would soar up the Billboard charts. It's a much stronger song than what these BIG September album dropper artists are bringing to the table right now.