ALBUM REVIEW: UNAPPRECIATED - CHERISH

Album Review, written by Toya
Leak date: 9th August 2006

Are these girls the American answer to Cleopatra? That Boi is true crunk at best and is about how some boy has them going crazy, typical teenage talk, although the oldest member is 22 but since two of the sisters are still teenagers, they have to adhere to adolescent themes. Do It To It is a very catchy mid-tempo track and the first single. I saw the video to this yesterday on Hits and it was a cute but girly type of video. I like the mellowed-down Chevy just as much as the mid-tempo track Unappreciated which is self-explanatory. Taken is brilliant and full of amplitude. I'm sure we've all been attracted to someone who was taken but felt that the person was worth fighting for anyway as the attraction was way too strong to ignore (Well, I know that I have). Stop Calling Me is the Bug-a-Boo theme of the album, a laidback track about nuisance boyfriends. Oooh is another nice slow-paced track about a girl feeling that things are moving too fast for her. Chick Like Me has a harder feel than the other tracks on the album whereas Whenever is a lot more sentimental. Show And Tell is cracking. The beat is sick with a pretty melody. Fool 4 You is a piano-laid but extremely impressive old-skool jam, and lastly but not least, Moment In Time is a harmonious-inspired ballad which has nice hormonal vocals indicating that these girls can really sing and know how to pour all their heart and soul into a ballad. Wow. I'm feeling every single song on the album. In fact, I haven't heard a hardcore R&B album from an all-girl group as good as this since Destiny's Child's The Writing's On The Wall. Well done girls!

Rating: 4/5

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

gotta get this album 2nite. luv ya Toya. ur d best

Anonymous said...

my fave song on that cd is unappreciatted. aka the title trak

Random J said...

I've been bumpin' "Show & tell" constantly for weeks now. That song is SO hot. Lovin' it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow. I am surprised. I thought the album was mediocre at best.