R&B NEWS

Soul singer KeKe Wyatt has inked a new recording contract with TVT Records. "It feels good to finally find a home at TVT Records," she says exclusively. "They really support my vision and will allow me to develop my own sound." I absolutely loved Soul Sista. But I didn't buy it because there were only 10 songs on the album and HMV had it for 15 quid. I was about to pick it up and go to the counter but as soon as I saw the price tag, I put the CD down real quick as if it had turned into something repulsive. But I'm chuffed to bits that we'll be getting some new music from her in the near future. Nivea is coming out with a new album called Animalistic. Nivea has already shot the video for her new single 'Watch It'. This is due to be the first release from her brand new album which is set for a 25 Oct release in Japan on RadioKilla/Formula Records. I thought she was taking a looong break from music to spend more time with her husband and daughter especially with her last album Complicated not doing so well. I'm not complaining though. I actually thought that Complicated was a decent effort, not as good as her debut but it didn't deserve to tank the way it did. The traclisting for the new album is courtesy of HMV Japan:

'Animalistic' Tracklist: 1 Serious - 2 Watch It - 3 Ooh Lala - 4 Feelin You - 5 Watchin You - 6 Gerogia (Flight back 2 Georgia) - 7 Get Your X - 8 All of Me - 9 I Need You - 10 Leanin - 11 Trapstar - 12 We Breakin Up - 13 Bonus Track.

2,150

That number above is yesterday's statistics to my blog. It's amazing that when a big anticipated album leaks, all the lurkers come out to fish. My email was flooded yesterday just for that CD RIP of that Danity Kane album leak. Wonder what statistics will be like when Beyonce's album leaks. Hmmmm ... Anyway, it's a big day for Christina Aguilera. Her CD Back II Basics gets released. Album sales should be very interesting and the race for reigning pop(ular) 2006 queen has only just begun.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally don't trust TVT when it comes to artists who aren't affiliated with "crunk music". Teedra Moses, another great female R&B singer has gotten THEE WORST of promotion. Most people still don't even know who she is and are truly missing out. I have KeKe's first album and I liked it a lot. I'm hoping that she won't have to go through the same things Teedra has.

Anonymous said...

That is crazy. I just bought Christina's cd and OMG This is a masterpiece.

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering what's going to happen to KeKe's album, Emotional Rollercoaster, that she recorded last year. I hope she gets to keep at least some of it, since the songs she described sounded amazing.

Anonymous said...

KEKE IS VERY PRETTY.
CRAZY OUT OF HER MIND,BUT PRETTY.LOL
AND SHE CAN SING.

Anonymous said...

Man i LOVED that Nivea album. I didn't know it tanked. Oh well, hopefully this album will be better and more people get to hear her voice.