JANET JACKSON: WHY DID I GET MARRIED TRAILER ....

Janet Jackson is about to unveil her latest movie role in Tyler Perry's "Why Did I get married". In this adaptation, during a trip to Colorado, eight married college friends have gathered for their annual seven-day reunion. But the cozy mood is shattered when the group comes face-to-face with one pair's infidelity. As secrets are revealed, each couple begins questioning the validity of their own marriage. Over the course of the weekend, husbands and wives take a hard look at their lives, wrestling with issues of commitment, betrayal and forgiveness as they seek a way forward. Perry, who wrote, directed and produced the movie, also has a starring role in the film:


Sounds like a modernized version of "Waiting To Exhale" if you ask me. Not sure if a movie highlighting the problems of black relationships is something I want to see again but I will have to wait this one out. The movie doesn't hit theatres until 12th October. Now I love Janet but looking at the trailer isn't going to make me run out and support the movie. Musically, I'm down but Janet has yet to convince me as an actress. I absolutely loved her in Poetic Justice ("Imma git somebody to fuuuuck you up!" Classic). Since then, Janet hasn't proven herself to be a fluid actress which would explain why she doesn't have a large trail of movie roles behind her. R&B diva's really are getting stuck into their roles. Alicia Keys was in
Smokin' Aces earlier this year and she's in The Nanny Diaries (out 24th August). Ashanti is in Resident Evil: Extinction (out 21st September) and Mariah's role in "Tennessee" is also underway in which she plays a waitress who sets off with two brothers to find their estranged father, in order to help them in saving their younger brother, who has leukemia. Which of these R&B diva's are you going to support at the theatre?

0 Comments: