LEONA LEWIS: TALKS ABOUT DIRECTION OF HER NEW ALBUM....

Just as the X-Factor is getting ready to air tonight, Leona Lewis decided to make full use of the week in which the biggest TV show in Britain is ready to return, by opening up about her debut album, which is set for a 5th November 2007 release. Here are a couple of interesting quotes:



"We started in London with Steve Mac," she says of the British pop supremo who has had everyone from Kelly Clarkson to Mariah Carey in his care, "Then Dallas Austin in Atlanta, Soulshock and Carlin, Jam and Lewis in Los Angeles. Walter Afanasieff (Mariah's longterm collaborator) too and also Salaam Remi in Miami. I love his studio, unlike most it's on the roof of his house next to the pool. I got quite burned from sunbathing between takes."

"I wanted to sing great songs and we have loads that I feel a connection with. The album is classic songs with a contemporary edge. There's a few ballads and there's some uptempo stuff too. I've been experimenting, we used up and coming producers like Fernando who have added some really cool electronic 80s sounds. But it's important to me that they're all proper songs. They're not just beat driven or following the latest sound. For me, songs need to work acoustically. I used to go out and gig acoustically, I like songs that work even when they're broken down."

"This album is from an honest, genuine place," she enthuses, "I know some people are asking, 'where has she gone?' But I wanted everyone who has supported and worked with me to have an album they're proud of, one that is credible and one with songs that people can connect to".

"I'm working hard to make sure that I'm around for a long time to come. It's going to surprise people." [SOURCE]

Can't wait to hear the music, and I think it's great that she's broading her horizons as well. Her new single Bleeding Love is set to be released 29th October. The X-Factor airs tonight on British screens at 7:40pm on ITV1. Make sure you tune in!

0 Comments: