AALIYAH: TOYA'S WORLD TRIBUTE....

As many hardcore R&B fans would know, it's been 6 years since Aaliyah's untimely death in that tragic plane crash back in 2001. Today marks her anniversary. Aaliyah was not just elegant and beautiful (inside and out), but she was talented, a free spirit who was poised with so much expertise and inventiveness. She was a perfectionist. She NEVER wanted to be just good at something. She wanted to be the best. We know she was a great dancer, but vocally, to me, she was underrated. She wasn't a Tamia or Beyonce but she knew how to work with what she had. After listening to tracks like The One I Gave My Heart To, Journey To The Past, At Your Best You Are Love and I Care 4 U, I dare someone to say she is on Ciara's level vocally:



She was one of our biggest commodities to grace the R&B world and one of the greatest commodities that became a huge loss to the R&B World. She is the artist that Ciara is so obviously inspired by, but nobody did it as good as "the exalted one". Her dance moves, soft voice (with steady range) over Hip Hop beats and elegant style won her a legion of fans in life as well as in death. R.I.P.

0 Comments: