YOUR LATEST SINGLES REVIEW (3)

Mash - Fergie [download: full]
This is a japanese bonus from her upcoming new album The Dutchess. I am very envious of Japan right now. Why do they get all the good shit? It's not fair. We have all these hot bonus songs from Beyonce and they are all Japanese bonuses as is the case with this song too. This song really did deserve to make the final cut. What were they thinking? I don't get it. Anyway, I hope this song makes the UK version too because I'm really feeling this. The flow is pretty tight and the beat is pretty crunk.

Back Up - Beyonce [download: full]
As I previously reported, I thought this was a Swizz Beats production but I was wrong. It is actually a Darkchild production and it is absolute FIYAH. A definete banger, as was the case with Lost Yo Mind but I'm feeling this track a bit better. This is the 4th bonus track from Beyonce's B'Day and I've been told that there is another Darkchild bonus track in which Beyonce recorded for B'Day and again it's another Darkchild production. The name of this 5th bonus track is called World Wide Woman. So I hope it leaks very soon. Darkchild has definetely been on top of his game lately. Oh, and you can count 6 bonus tracks if you want to include Check On It. The crazy thing about it is that all these bonus tracks are much hotter than the songs on her actual CD.

Take My Shine - Shareefa [download: full]
I'm starting to think that Shareefa is the one who's beginning to look paranoid now. I hope her album isn't going to be full of "You can't outdo me because I'm the baddest chick" type of anthems. She's young I understand but at 22, she's old enough to sing about more mature matters. After all, I came out of that phase just after leaving my teens. I just concentrate on me and not worry about the next female. The last track I posted (Phoney) was about a fake female friend and now this song is about another female trying to um, take her shine. Anyway, just wanted to say I am feeling this song once again and I look forwards to her new album.

It's Not That Easy - Lemar [download: full]
I've had this track for a hot minute now and his video for the song is getting serious rotation. I thought it was about time I brought British R&B back to the shores because we haven't been getting much of it lately. Craig David will always be my no1 for British R&B music since Craig sold 1 million copies of his debut in the United States. As far as I'm concerned, he holds the flag but Lemar is also holding his own musically and he has already won a Brit Award. This song conveys alot of soul and he's singing from the heart. I think that is the reason why he's so popular these days.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Japan gets bonus track as incentive for the Japanese to purchase the Japanese edition of the album.

If you live in Japan and purchase a US or UK import of an album, it's much cheaper than the domestic Japanese edition of the album. If no one bought the Japanese editions, they Japan Recording Industry wouldn't survive. It sucks, but there's nothing we can do about it...

Toya said...

I didn't know that. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Toya! u'v confused me. U said that Back up is the 5th unrealeased track. What are the other for because I only have three (Creole, Back up and Lost yo mind)?