PROMO'S, APPEARANCES, REVIEWS & NEWS

~
On the left, Beyonce continues the birthday celebration on 106 & Park, and on the right, the celebration moves right on to TRL. Below is yet another bonus track from Beyonce called Back Up and I think it's a Swizz Beats production. It sounds good enough to have made the final cut but oh well: Beyonce - Back Up



Monica World has just unveiled a new promo picture where she's posing with her Lil Roc. Meanwhile, Justin Timberlake graces the latest cover of Rollingstone magazine. No KING OF POP headline this time then?
~
Last week, I've been seeing reports that my baybay Craig David got dropped from Warner due to low sales of his latest album The Story Goes. I didn't comment on it because I wasn't sure if it was true or not and there has been a lot of rumours going around lately, so now I do my research before posting stuff. The truth is that Craig is currently recording his 4th studio album for Warners and has changed label in the US from Atlantic Records to Sire Records which is another Warner label. This news actually comes from his management. So I just wanted to clear that up.
~
Still, I would like to hear HIS version of events. I'm sure we'll get an interview eventually. I didn't know what to make of the news once I read about it. I thought his album did okay (I thought it was a very good album but not as classic as his debut Born To Do It). His album got a top 5 entry in the UK chart but the week after, it took a huge dip and dropped right back down to #19. His first two singles, the brilliant All The Way and Don't Love You No More (I'm Sorry) also got top 5 entries. The only single from the album that flopped was Unbelievable which was a bad single choice to me. Don't get me wrong, the song is beautiful but he should've released Hypnotic. Releasing two slushy ballads after another was very risky to me. I know that the album didn't have any upbeat tracks, well maybe just the odd one or two but the album was a very chilled back type of CD.
~
In an article this week, Cassie claims that she is notorious for her diva-like behaviour and threw up a tantrum just because she didn't get what she wanted. She says: "(I last had a tantrum) probably yesterday. I really, really needed tea yesterday and nobody brought me any, so I was like, 'How many times do I need to ask for tea? I'm about to go on stage!'" Well, she really doesn't need to act all diva-ish because she doesn't have a very likable stage personality or singing voice for that matter so at least give us something to like. Cups of tea can not turn her vocals golden overnight.

Yes, we know Mariah and Whitney always has to have a leather sofa in their dressing rooms. We also know that Mariah has to hire one whole third of the hotel she's staying in for her thousand-strong entourage and that Jennifer Lopez has to always have her hotel room painted white along with the presence of white flowers with her nipple tweaker always at the ready. But do you know what, these artists have sold millions of albums all over the world, they are well established and at least they are talented in ONE area. Boasting about being a diva when you have yet to accomplish something big isn't such good PR at all. Wait to get better at least. Then again, we could be waiting for as long as it has taken for Brandy to grow a natural hairline.

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why anyone acts divaish. Noone gonna tell me to get some fucking tea. These demands are ridiculous sometimes. Its like they someties get off in talking to people like shit cause they got money. Shoot Naomi Campbell and Foxy would've been gotten they ass beat for their temper tantrums.

AOI said...

LOL ! Finishing a post with a reference to Brandy's hairline is always a winner in my book :-D.

Yeah, I don't know what the hell Cassie is thinking: they are using her live performances as torture devices in Guantanamo, so the least she needs to do now if she wants to get some love from the public is to start a diva reputation for herself...

Oh, and Monica looks cute with her baby... Still, bad timing: everybody's talking about the pictures of Suri Cruise right now :-)

Kiks said...

Just a quick, FYI, Back Up is appearantly a Darkchild Production.

Anonymous said...

"Its like they someties get off in talking to people like shit cause they got money."

Money?

Cassie?

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Trust me, she has no money yet. She's far from recouping.

Random J said...

Hey Toya! Beyonce's "Back up" is Darkchild. Rodney's string of hot tracks is serious! It's a shame that "Back up" wasn't included on the album, because I've been KILLING it ever since I got it.

He did another unreleased track for "B'Day" called "World wide woman" - I hope that surfaces and that it's also hotness.

As for Monica, is that an album promo shot? Looks like she's rocking that bad mop weave from the front cover of her album. Still she's look nice. Better than below..
http://i5.tinypic.com/346ox8l.jpg

As for Craig, I said months ago to someone this could happen to him. It's a reminder to everyone that the music game is a business. You're only as successful as your last song. I'm not a big Craig David fan, but he's talented - I'm sure he'll scoop a new label in no time!

Also, Justin be looking like a country singer in that get up. Seems aside from the Ocean's 11 look, it's another angle he's tapping into. That corn fed, country vibe. Especially with tracks such as "What goes round" and "Losing my way".

I guess he was scared to do another topless shot in case band mate Lance buys the mag, blows the image up and frames it! *lol*

As for Cassie (aka The pro-tool-tress) She needs to make her own damn tea. Is it really that hard to boil your own kettle, dunk your own teabag and stir?

Anonymous said...

cassie has been in the music business for like a minute and she's a diva ? lmfao she sold how many albums and she's a diva ? lmao she hasn't done anything yet that qualifies her for the diva status in a good or a bad way . she wasn't being a diva she was just being a brat . i like that monica picture. i prefer her black hair , but if she gets a decent hairstyle the color would work .

Anonymous said...

The Beyonce track is crazy!
Monica has a big ass baby :)

Anonymous said...

Nooooo!!!! silly Bee, "tricks are for-----makin foolish tracks like 'Creole'!!!" ....Y didn't she put this on her album & "Lost Yo Mind" I love those joints!!!

Anonymous said...

F-CK THAT BI-CH CASSIE. THAT'S ALL I GOTTA SAY.

Toya said...

*lol*

Wow. So no one has a good word to say about Cassie.

Anonymous said...

I don’t know why Craig didn’t release ‘hypnotic’ as a single cause I know that would have been a hit. I like Craig but he really needs to step up his game cause he’s talented enough to, I know if he was working really good song writers he would sell more records.

I’m starting to go off Cassie I knew when I heard her track she was the best singer in the world but she made up for it with really good tracks , I even let go the fact she ain’t a good dancer be cause she young and just starting out. But now she seem like she full of her self first by talking about Ciara, I mean Ciara not a great singer but she can a least dance her ass off and perform on stage that way better the her terrible performance on TRL & 106&park, then embarrassing Bow Wow and Omarion big time on the radio they ain’t never gonna forgive her for that and now she think she a diva what a joke.
I say if you want tea get up off your lazy ass and get some

Toya said...

I agree Anon *lol*