YOUR LATEST SINGLES REVIEW (4)

Justin Timberlake's new album FutureSex/LoveSounds got released today in Europe and I think it will go to no1. I wouldn't be surprised. The album is brilliant. I can't stop listening to the Will.i.am-produced Damn Girl. I've been jamming to the whole album ever since it leaked two weeks ago. Now Janet and Fergie need to leak and my music year will be complete. Well, I still look forwards to Mya and Monica of course, and I can't wait to buy Robin Thicke's new album. I'm also curious about new releases from Omarion, Marques Houston and Alesha Dixon. Ciara is another MAJOR artist I'm anticipated about. But Janet and Fergie are the two big ones for me. Here's your latest singles review.

Boutique in Heaven - Justin Timberlake [download: full]
This is a bonus track from i-Tunes, and the song is very nice and chilled back. In a way I'm glad it didn't make the album, not because I don't like the song but it doesn't fit the rest of the music on FutureSex/LoveSounds. It sounds like it would be more fitting for an artist like Robin Thicke who I'm totally feeling right now. And since his album isn't as soulful or R&B-influenced as his last album Justified, this song is rightfully placed exactly where it belongs - right in the bonus catalogue.

Roll Wit U - Janet Jackson [download: rip]
This is typical Janet Jackson, and yet ANOTHER leaked track from her anticipated new album 20 Y.O. I have to add that this is not one of her outstanding ballads but the song is decent nevertheless. I actually prefer the other slower joints from the new album compared to this one but again, not a bad track. I do wish her album will leak already. Of course I'm buying it but they're teasing us with all these leaked songs.

No More Complaining - Mila J [download: full]
I've liked everything I've heard from Mila J. Her debut album Split Personality is set to be released 10th October. She has a unique voice, not impressive - just unique, and this sounds like your typical R&B song. It's not creative or fresh. She would most likely get lost in the crowd. I've heard it all before, it's just typical and the concept is rather repetitive. I like Mila J but personally, I don't think her music career is going anywhere especially since she's a TUG artist. Her sister Jhene had some good songs and her career was over before it began, and ya'll know that her cousin Lil Fizz use to be in R&B group B2K and whilst they had *some* success, they didn't last long either. On Chris Stokes books, only the two brothers Omarion and Marques Houston are enjoying minor success right now. You got served.

Irreplaceable - Beyonce [download: full]
This is the official 3rd single from Beyonce's smash hit album B'Day and I think this song is going to be huge, not just because of the Beyonce name but it has mainstream success written all over it. Pop radio will jump all over it because it's cross-over appeal not to mention that the song has a very similar vibe to Jojo's Too Little Too Late. I love the song and that was pretty evident from day one. The song is just really pretty to me. I feel that it's one of those stand-out tracks that will do really well.

Look At Her - One Chance [download: full]
This is the first time Usher's group is getting a mention on my site, and whilst this song doesn't completely bore me, I feel the last thing we need right now is another male R&B group singing knock-off R&B songs that practically sound like Usher-rejects. And it's not like to say their harmonies and vocals blow you away or at least they don't blow me away. Bring back Boyz II Men. Bring back Dru Hill. Hell, even 98 Degrees. This group is just lacking in so many ways. I'm not saying they can't sing or that the song is trash, they're just not original. You get one chance but one chance is as good as you'll get these days.

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay FIRST rollwitchu is NOT on the new album! its juss been leaked as shes said shes keepin the album pretty much tight the only official leaked track is enjoy!

Anonymous said...

TOYA,
DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON JUSTIN TIMBERFAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Come on Space Kitty, Justin is soft, he couldn't speak up for...I mean come on!!! He cried and called his Mom when he was getting PUNKED!!! U knew this was gonna happen...& It's Toya's Site, I think she doesn't like how he's just letting MTV bash Janet for her "wardrobe malfunction," but Toya doesn't HATE him...It's not in his power anyway...Who in the world would listen to Justin? Lmao....come on Kitty!!!

Anonymous said...

Come on Space Kitty, Justin is soft, he couldn't speak up for...I mean come on!!! He cried and called his Mom when he was getting PUNKED!!! U knew this was gonna happen...& It's Toya's Site, I think she doesn't like how he's just letting MTV bash Janet for her "wardrobe malfunction," but Toya doesn't HATE him...It's not in his power anyway...Who in the world would listen to Justin? Lmao....come on Kitty!!!

Toya said...

*lol* I don't hate Justin at all, but I've got to post what's hot!

Anonymous said...

Though I might be a little bias, I think you should definitely expect great things from Usher's new group "One Chance". You gotta hear more than one or two songs to really analyze an artist or group. In your review you said bring back boys II men and dru hill. Dru Hill had so/so success and boys II men are still releasing cds which have been standard, yet are recieving little attention. I can assure you that One Chance will deliver more than your expectations. Just stay tuned and you'll be pleased.

Toya said...

^^^I'll give them a chance. I'm just not impressed with this offering.

Anonymous said...

I swear if the next single is irreplaceable, her peeps need to be smacked. There are so many songs that she can pick on there. Ring the alarm was ok, butI just wanna know WHY are these songs being picked to have videos.

Anonymous said...

O yeah and Spacekitty, I agree with you about Justin, don't get me wrong I like him but then again he is fake. I can't believe BET is playing his shit and MTV won't even play Janet shit at all. All over a damn titty that wasn't even revealed until HE ripped it off. I never knew it was a nipple until they kept showing it and showing close-ups. MTV is so full of shit anyway. They can show people humping in the sheets but they can't show a nipple that was covered by a star. GET OVER IT.