SUNDAY'S R&B SCOOP

EVENTS

In Toronto, Beyonce gave her Canadian fans a real treat by playing a free concert. I wish this was an on-going thing. It's not like she needs the money. Her and Jay-Z have enough money between them to feed the whole of Africa for a month.

NEWS

You've already read about Whitney's comeback album and with his current golden touch Timbaland will be producing some songs. I read in an Entertainment News article that Tim has been taken on board to work on the new Whitney album. I guess word got back to camp that in his succession, he did fabulous wonders for Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake's latest projects. I don't know how his sound will be cohesive to Whitney Houston but whatever the outcome it should be pretty interesting.

MUSIC

Reviews. Not so new are three tracks from Keke's supposed upcoming album which was supposed to have dropped like a year ago. Put Your Hands On Me was meant to be the first single but I don't think it got the reception that was expected. I was listening to her fantastic debut album Soul Sista the other day and thought I would post these, just to give all you Keke fans something to look forwards to when she finally does decide to drop that album.

Put Your Hands On Me - Keke Wyatt [download: full]
Cheaters - Keke Wyatt [download: full]
Your Precious Love - Keke Wyatt feat Avant [download: full]

Miss Being Your Man - Marques Houston [download: full]
This is another nice mellow R&B track taken from Marques Houston's new album The Veteran. I am really feeling his new stuff. The music is sounding good so far. He has some nice tracks here and there not to mention that his last album wasn't a bad effort either. Sounds like he'll have a nice album.

Well, here is a promo mixtape of some Shareefa tracks of all the ones that have leaked so far and some new stuff that I haven't posted before. I know there are a lot of new Shareefa fans on this site so if you don't have this, download while the link is still good because I will not be uploading this again. Throughout she is just talking what's to be expected of her as a new artist, so whilst we wait, here's something for you to enjoy.

Shareefa - The Soul of DTP [download: mixtape]
1)DJ Finess & Shareefa Intro
2) Need A Change
3) Skit
4) Need A Boss
5) Jay Z Interlude
6) Back In The Day
7) Skit
8) Hustlin Freestyle
9) Foolin Me
10) Phony
11) I Like The Way
12) Hatin On Me
13) Skit
14) Impossible
15) Prelude - In The Pen
16) In The Pen
17) Shareefa Outro



3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope KeKe does release her album. Put Your Hands On Me was an excellent song, and her debut was exceptional. She has such a great voice, it would really be a shame if she didn't get to release her album at all.

Random J said...

I think Timbaland's style could work for Whitney if it's something smooth and not to syncopated. I think that'll be the challenge for him AND for her and I can't see the results being anything less than hot.

Timbo's been coming with the kinda sound and tight as hell production we wouldn't always expect from him with Nelly and Justin - so I'm excited about what he'll do for Whitney.

Toya said...

Yeah, but everything will start to sound the same b/c everyone is queueing up to work with him.