WEEKEND R&B SCOOP

FASHION

Two R&B beauties showing us how it really should be done. Christina Milian is one baaad bitch and I mean that in a good way. These two candids were shot this week whilst she was out in New York, chillin'. Her whole ensemble is off the motherfucking hook! Amerie looks fantastic proving in these newest pictures that she can't go wrong.

PROMO


Here are some brand new promo pictures of Usher's new group One Chance. Well, it's about time we got some new pictures.
~
NEWS

This week, Hits Daily Double reports that Justin Timberlake will sell in the 700k region with his new album FutureSex/LoveSounds. I think he'll do about 650k. Remember when they said Beyonce will do 650k and they were 100k below the mark? Either way, anything over 500k in the first week is absolutely brilliant considering that albums don't sell the way they use to. Justin's ex-group N-Sync sold a staggering 2.2 million in their first week with No Strings Attached (good album by the way!) Those days are long gone now. I think everyone knew his album would sell well. The hype machine was definitely there and as much as I hate to admit it, he came hard with this album.

Yummy Bingham's latest song Come Get It is receiving heavy rotation on all of the UK music channels and it gets played a lot on the radio as well. Despite flopping in the United States, I am glad she's getting her just dues over here. I can't wait for the album despite having some of her songs. Her debut album will be released in the UK on 9th October. Here is the official track listing:

1.Come Get It (feat. Jadakiss)
2.Is It Good To You
3.Queens
4.I Don't Really Need
5.What More
6.Time
7.Piece Of My Heart
8.All My Life
9.Quickie
10.Never Happen
11.One More Chance
12.Just Leave
13.You Aint Ready
14.Had To Be Me

EVENTS

It's been 10 years since New York's All-Girls Public School, The Young Women's Leadership School of East Harlem was launched and Ciara was there to join in with the celebrations.

This week, Beyonce's birthday celebrations continued on at Much Music. I guess she's trying to win the record for having the most birthday celebrations in one month. Aw, the joys of being a top-notch celebrity.

MAGAZINES

Jennifer Lopez looks gorgeous in her latest Latina magazine spread



In Shape magazine, Fergie reveals her diet and work-out tips



Whilst in the latest issue of OK! magazine, Monica gets down with fashion!

MUSIC

Reviews: Three more tracks have leaked from Mario Vasquez's upcoming self-titled debut album. On the new album he has collaborated with Will-I-am from the Black Eyed Peas, Scott Storch, Krucial Keys, Soulshock & Karlin, Stargate, NeYo and Akon. I cannot wait for the album. Out of all the American Idol contestants who brought out an album I have been anticipating this one the most (although I did enjoy Latoya London, Fantasia, Kelly Clarkson, Jasmine Trias, Tamyra Gray and Justin Guarini's debut albums, haha, dare I say it but I even enjoyed Corey Clarke's album too, don't laugh hahaha, I know he got arrested this week so I thought it was relevant to bring him up). Anyway, back to Mario. When he quit the competition in the 4th season I was sad because I believe he'd have won the show if he stayed and one of the reasons why I tuned into American Idol each week was because of him. His new album has in fact been pushed back from 29th August to 26th September (same as Janet's release date). Cohiba will be the 2nd single and you can download it below.

Cohiba - Mario Vasquez feat Fat Joe [download: full]
This beat is much more street than any of the other songs that have leaked. This is okay. I am not feeling it as much as the other tracks that have leaked though. Not sure how it will do since this is going to be the 2nd single but it doesn't have any wow factor to it. Maybe it will do well since a very established rapper in the name of Fat Joe makes a guest appearance. I love the breakdown during the end part of the song though.

I Bet - Mario Vasquez [download: full]
Wow, this mid-tempo R&B track is surprisingly very good and his vocals are fab! This is one talented brother and the music is sounding good so far. I love this just as much as I did Gallery. Now I posted Gallery months ago on my old blog but I am posting it again for the new visitors that now frequent my site.

One Shot - Mario Vasquez [download: full]
This is a really nice ballad which maximises Mario's impressive vocals to the fullest. I'm definitely feeling this side of him. I hope there are more ballads on the album because he has the voice for it. More please.

Gallery - Mario Vasquez [download: full]
I love this song as already stated in the past. I always stated that vocally, no other R&B male artist in MY generation can beat Craig David and I'm not saying that because I'm a Craig David stan *lol* but this song is what had me convinced that he's just as good as my baybay Craig. This is the kind of talent I expect to hear. However, I absolutely HATED the remix which featured Baby Phat. That dude is just plain wack to me.

20 Y.O - Janet Jackson [download: snippets]
This is all over the Internet now I'm sure most of you have this but if you haven't, here it is, 30 second snippets of Janet's whole album. I am going to reserve my comments until the whole album leaks next week (yup that's right I said it).

Take Care - Janet Jackson [download: radio rip]
Well, here is a new Janet track in full length and it's a new song taken from her new album. It's an old-skool Janet ballad and I'm really feeling this to the fullest. It reminds me of Any Time Any Place and that's like one of my favourite Janet ballads (alongside Again & Let's Wait A While).

Beautiful Transformation - Brooke Hogan [download: full]
This song is hot. You wouldn't think you'd be able to get into the music of a chick who has a very famous wrestling figure of a father but her music is actually, enjoyable. I can't really front because lately Brooke seems to be bringing the heat. I also downloaded another track of hers and was feeling that as well. I look forwards to whatever else she brings with her upcoming album Undiscover which is set to be released 24th October.

A couple of weeks ago, I posted three confirmed tracks from Mya's upcoming Liberation album. These were How We Carry & Ride. Also, on my old blog I posted her new single Ayo. Well, for those that missed out, here they all are! Once again, I cannot wait for Liberation to drop. Her new video for Ayo should be dropping pretty soon so you best believe I can't wait for that, being a huge Mya fan.

Ayo - Mya [download: full]
How We Carry - Mya [download: full]
Ridin - Mya [download: full]

I have some other new tracks from more R&B artists that I wanted to put up but I felt lazy so I'll put them up tomorrow if I'm in the mood *lol* Ciao!

13 Comments:

Toya said...

Thank you for clearing that up. I had no idea where it came from.

Random J said...

I FEELING Brooke Hogan's tune. The beat is nice! It sounds like a Nelly Furtado "Loose" offcut. HOT hot track!

She shoulda dropped this instead of "About us" as it showcases her in a MUCH better light.

Anonymous said...

Hey Toya! Much love to you of course :) I am also Mya biggest fan, I'm preparing a Polish fansite about her, but will take some time ;) It's too bad, that you posted the first version of "Ayo". I can't find the final version ft. DJ Kool (you can listen to it on Mya's Official MySpace). I only have a low quality version and remix with Provoke - but it's just too much rap... :/ Babygirl, do you have the right version of "Ayo"? If you do, it would be so kind of you to upload it! :D Much love Toya - Beata

Toya said...

Beata, I don't have the official version with DJ Kool but if I do get hold of the final copy in HG I'll post it.

Toya said...

I meant HQ duh

Anonymous said...

OMG, I can't believe it, I've found it! :shock: I've got the final version of "Ayo" ft. DJ Kool in high quality!!! I'm so incredibly happy, I love this song! Here's the link, I must share this track with you - so if you want to, you can post it! :D http://www.sendspace.com/file/xs1tir

Anonymous said...

Yummy Bingham's latest song? "Come Get It" was released as her first single, "Is It Good To You" was released as her second & "One More Chance" is her most recent. "Come Get It" is like 2 years old... smh

Toya said...

Come Get It is Yummy's latest single in the UK. I already know she released 3 singles in the US that didn'r do well.

Toya said...

Thanks Beata.

Kiks said...

Whoa, that guy with Bee looks hot.... *drool*

Anonymous said...

lots action going on
for new and rare videos

http://www.musicvideosforum.com/boards/index.php

Anonymous said...

I used to love that Yummy Bingham song, but it did come out in the US like 2 years ago, so I see they are coming out with the same cd tracks. But I think I have had a overload of Amerie Beyonce and Rhihanna. The industry need new artist.

Toya said...

Yeah, she's getting a great reception over here.