WEDSNEDAY R&B SCOOP PART 2

NEWS

Fergie has put out a personal attack on us gossip bloggers, not to mention that her album track Pedestal is about her hatred for gossip blogs. In a recent interview she says: "I just think, 'Wow, I've worked so hard for this, but what are you doing other than sitting there behind your computers and talking shit about people?' If people don't like me, fine, but don't diss people if you're not getting off your ass and doing something about your own life." She needs a big fat dose of shut the fuck up. She needs to be thanking us bloggers for putting her name out there and getting her free promotion, well not so much free because bloggers like myself and others get paid to advertise her shit not to mention that I do the blog thing because it's enjoyable to me. It has nothing to do with not having a life. Believe me, if I were to tell you the crazy daily activities that I have to face each day, people would be asking me how I find the time to do the blog thing but after my hard day is over, I go on-line and blog because it's what I enjoy doing and it doesn't hurt that I make a little profit from it either.

EVENTS



On Tuesday, Janet made a trip to New York where she made an appearance at the Hot 97 studios.
MUSIC

Tell Me - Diddy feat Christina Aguilera [download: radio rip]
I've been waiting for the whole track to leak ever since downloading the snippet a couple of days ago. The song is a radio edit and is from his upcoming album Press Play. I'm actually curious about the album since it has pure R&B collabo's. I actually like Christina's part, I thought her verse was tight. I like the song a lot, it's different. Diddy has surprised me with this because I didn't even know if a Christina and Puffy collaboration would ever work. I thought this simply because her vocals are way too powerful for her to be a hook singer on somebody else's track but she truly spits some game into this.

Handcuffs - Claudette Ortiz [download: full]
I've seen this floating around for the past two weeks but wasn't all that interested enough to download. I assumed it was just another buzz track that would become nothing. Songs of hers have been leaking for the past two years now and we get no solo album. Unfortunately due to her second pregnancy, I guess she had to put things on hold (I have at least 3-4 songs of hers now) so I'm wondering if this is the real deal. I hope it is. I look forwards to her upcoming album which is where this song supposedly comes from. The song was co-written by her husband and City High band member Ryan Tobey and produced by Stargate. I'm totally feeling this song and hopefully good things are expected to follow.

Days Go By - Janet Jackson [download: full]
Why the hell wasn't this an official album cut? This track is really hot. It might be a laidback Janet track but the melody is beautiful. Unfortunately it was demoted to bonus track status. I hate that. Don't you just hate that? I wish I had the job of picking songs to go on artists albums because sometimes they reject all the top notch tracks as was the case with Beyonce and Fergie. They had some hot bonus tracks. The other bonus track is Roll Wit U and I posted this a couple of days ago.

Three album tracks from One Chance
I posted one of their tracks last week and now I'm posting three more songs that I haven't posted before from their upcoming album which drops 31st October. All three tracks surprisingly sound very good. I like their harmonies and vocals especially in the track emotional. They don't really bring anything new to the table and they kind of play it safe but they do sound good on these tracks. What's going on with Houston group JadNRush? I thought those guys were brilliant. I still jam to their music and they haven't even officially come out yet. It's been a while since they emailed me. Fella's, if you're reading this hit me up! You have many fans on this blog.

Don't Stop - One Chance [download: full]
Issues - One Chance [download: full]
Emotional - One Chance [download: full]
~
Am I the ONLY one who hasn't heard the new Ciara single Promise? Everyone else seems to have heard it but me. They have already started playing it on the radio and I'm told that it's hot so hopefully, we should hear it soon. I just got done downloading Brooke Hogan's album Undiscover (left) and Mario Vasques new album (webrips of course). But won't be able to listen to them until later on, maybe when I'm done watching the MOBO's tonight. Right now I gotta log off because I have to go somewhere important. Toodles.

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU STUPID WHORE SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT SHES DOING SOMETHING AND ALL YOURE DOING ALL DAY IS LISTENING TO JANET JACKSON WHO ISA BIG FAT WHALE JUST LIKE YOU!

Anonymous said...

i looooooove jans outfit.
from head 2 toe. :)

and claudette ortiz is gorgeous.
she looks liks MS. DYNAMITE in that pic.

Anonymous said...

The Diddy/Christina song is hot! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Just for that comment Fergie made its ridiculous. I have a personal site and blog but I am also a high school student who will recive and Associates Degree of Liberal Arts before High School diploma, so she cannot generalize that all bloggers don't have a life and they don't do anything. She better be glad because she isn't getting that much promotion for her shit which isn't that hott after the first 6 songs anyway.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about Fergie Toya, she isn't referring to you, as your site isn't that popular here in the states. She's more concerned on the popular bloggers, not your run down site.

Toya said...

Thank you Lejawn. I know my site is popular in the US so anon is talking crap. 80% of the visitors that come here are American. I know this because I checked my geographic statistics. Now when I get Ryan Leslie (and other artists) emailing my ass, I know my site is semi-famous so it's whatever.

Anonymous said...

I actually thank Fergie for that. Look at perez hilton's site all he does is try to make people (with actual talent)feel bad and he put stuff on that isn't true some of the time. He really needs to get Paris hilton to stop sucking his gay dick and talk about how her album didn't sell.

Random J said...

Brooke's album ain't bad. But she shoulda stuck with R&B / Pop tracks and not gone with the club R&B tracks. It sounds ALOT like Paris Hilton's album, only Brooke has a better voice.

"For a moment" is the best track on the album. That's a single right there. HOT track. In the hands of a more capable vocalist, this track woulda been the best thing. But Brooke does her thing and does it well. I could imagine Kiley Dean KILLIN' this track!

She shoulda done more songs in this vein, instead of coming so hard with club tracks.

Anonymous said...

hi Toya, love the site, of course it's p;opular in the US!

anyways...could you post more Claudette songs? I love Claudette & City HIgh, I especially would love run a little more if you have it. I've been looking for it everywhere! thanks, and yes Handcuffs is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Toya,

I am really upset that those two bonus tracks on Janet's album will only be released on the Japanese version of 20 Y.O. I sampled the album on another site and I liked it from head to toe. I really think those two tracks would have complemented the U.S. version so well.

Take Care