3RD ANNUAL FASHION ROCKS EVENT

~
A string of R&B celebrities turned up at the 3rd annual Fashion Rocks show in New York. Beyonce performed Crazy In Love and Deja Vu and during both performances, she was accompanied by her beau Jay-Z. In my last Beyonce post, I was meaning to report that the theories of her new album selling 650K in the first week is down to one-day sales in which she sold 200,000 copies of B'Day in one day. I just wanted to use this entry to correct my mistake because I stated first week sales and not one-day sales. Anyway, other R&B celebrities that arrived were Fergie and her Black Eyed Peas crew, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Nelly Furtado, Timbaland and Pussy Cat Dolls (who also performed) amongst many other celebrities who were there at the high profile event:

~
Fergie (left), Pussy Cat Dolls (middle) and Nelly Futado with Timbaland (right)

~
Rihanna (left) and Christina Aguilera (right).


Currently Ashanti is back in the swing of things, recording her fourth album."I am so ready for people to hear a new sound and just to see the growth because its been a while since I released a studio album and we just got a whole new bunch of producers, and I am writing differently , and obviously there's been growth. So you're going to be able to tell the major difference between the previous album," said 26 year-old Grammy award winner. "This time, it's going to be an event," she added.
~
After the shock death of her cousin recently, I think Ashanti has been really brave especially since she had to cope with the tragedy and still found it in herself to promote her movie AND go back to recording. I have a new-found respect for her. I may have been hard on her in the past because of the Aaliyah thing but she tries. Musically, I'm not a fan of hers by any means. I like some of her songs though and I wish her all the best of luck in the future.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Rhianna looks like a movie star and I miss looking at the Josephine Baker story. Nothing like the real Josephine doing it and lynn whitfield did her damn thing in that movie.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to watch Christina!Rihanna looked really nice btw.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE BEE'S JOSAPHINE BAKER OUTFIT. :)
RIHANNA LOOKS LIKE A MOVIE STAR FROM THE 1940'S.
LOVE IT!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Rihanna is reminding me more and more of Beyonce everyday, its sick, but she did look lovely. That dress is amazing. I think that is going to be my prom dress because its immaculant. Beyonce looks wonderful as always, great post. So what does this mean about Beyonce is she still going to sell 650K in the first week or not?

Anonymous said...

Oh Bee gettin thick a lil bit, she musta had fun wit dem B'Day cakes!!! Finally! she was startin to worry me :( (I mess dem curves) LoL!