MONDAY'S R&B SCOOP!

EVENTS

Altogether now: Awwww!



Hot ensemble!

They're in-lurrrve!

Christina Milian was all loved up with boyfriend Dre at her Saturday Miami Beach Birthday bash in Prive. Christina will be 25 tomorrow. I love her dress by the way and I think her and Dre make a cute couple. It's pretty obvious that they're into each other and not pretend they're an item. Beyonce and Jay-Z take note! Anyway, happy B'Day Christina! CLICK ON PICS FOR BIGGER VIEW.

Ashanti and her fella Nelly attended the Mobile RockCorps Concert at New York City's Radio City Music Hall. I don't care what anyone says but Nelly's sexy ass can get it. Ashanti is a VERY lucky woman! Also, she brought her little sister Shia along for the ride! CLICK ON PICS FOR BIGGER VIEW.

Kelis & her fella Nas also performed at the event. CLICK ON PIC FOR BIGGER VIEW.

Some pictures of Cassie at last weeks Mobo Awards 2006. CLICK ON PICS FOR BIGGER VIEW.

MAGAZINES

Alicia Keys is in the latest issue of Interview magazine. I read the interview and it was a nice little interview. She talks to legendary soul-singer Gladys Knight about her upcoming album, romance and the industry and how you get treated in that industry, so be sure to check it out or you can read the Entire interview! CLICK ON PICS FOR BIGGER VIEW.

NEWS

I don't know what is going on with Mya's project Liberation. We were all so sure that Ayo was going to be her first single but she made a statement on her Myspace page saying it was just a buzz track, and now the album has been pushed back to 12th December. This is the third push-back date now and we're tired of it! Get your act together Mya! Meanwhile, you can download a brand new unreleased Mya track called The Hills, taken off her then-titled Control Freak album.

The Hills - Mya [download: full] (Ripped by Z Zaid)

Meanwhile, Ciara talks about some songs off her new album Ciara: The Evolution:

I'm Doing Me Tonight:
"With girls, we have a tendency to alter our schedule for guys," Ciara said during a break from recording the song with producer Lil Jon recently. "So the whole thing is, 'I'm doing me tonight. I'm going to make changes. I'm going to go out and have fun with my girls. It's all about me"

Like a Boy: "I think a lot of women can relate to this, the whole thing about when a guy does certain things, it's cool, but when a girl does certain things, we look crazy," she explained, referencing lyrics like: "Pull up your pants just like him/ Take out the trash just like him/ Getting your cash like him/ Fast like him/ Girl you better act like it then." "Sometimes I wish I could act like a boy," she said. "Like, that's so real to me."

I was also impressed that the Goodies singer co-wrote every song on the album, due December 5, and co-produced almost every track. I guess, since Goodies was a big success, they are giving her artistic control now. Well I say good for her. I absolutely love her new track Promise and I cannot wait for the album.

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Christina's dress! Cassie looks good but i wouldn't of had worn those shoes if i was her. Ryan Leslie I luv this guy! On the front cover of the interview Alicia Keys looks good but on the inside cover they airbrushed her so much that she look herself. They made her look ugly.

Random J said...

I wouldn't necessarily say it's 'more' artistic control, because she co-wrote near enough the whole of her first album. Though it wasn't something that was often mentioned.

"Promise" is banging. That beat is over sexy. I am really looking forward to her new album.

Anonymous said...

She looks cute and I love her dress…but I am in no way a fan of her acting or music. Dre looks like he belongs on the yellow bus…I don’t think she’s fully into him at all.

Anonymous said...

Im glad that they’re finally showing some affection towards each other!!! They look cute together…..better than her and Nick

Anonymous said...

I’m tired of all the “Awww Christina Milian looks so cute.” It’s annoying…probably because she’s annoying. That whole innocent smile and face. Damn she’s 25 looking like she’s 18? No hate, she does look cute but everytime I see her, it’s the same damn look.

Toya said...

@ J, I'm a shamed I didn't know that and yet I actually bought the album. I don'r check the credits that much.

Anonymous said...

Cassie looks good.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Nelly is freakin hot!

Anonymous said...

Christina looks cute.

Anonymous said...

I've practically lost interest in Mya's album. I smell a big flop.

Anonymous said...

Christina's man looks slow as hell.