MORE FASHION WEEK APPEARANCES ...

~
Justin Timberlake makes a recent appearance on 106 & Park. I wonder what his gimmick was this time. Admiration for sista's who rock afro's? Yesterday, Justin's Superbowl partner-in-crime Janet Jackson (right) was seen at the Bill Blass Runway show in New York. Guess photoshop magic is a heaven sent. Her legs are looking kind of chunky in that picture. Maybe they look like that cos she's sitting down, who knows.

~
R&B beauties Kelis and Mya did a spot of catwalking at the Heatherette's Spring 2007 fashion show.

~
This couple were seen at another fashion outing in New York. Don't even ask me why I'm infatuated with this couple (Kanye West and Alexis). They are just well suited to me. Alexis is pretty. Last night, Jennifer Lopez and her husband Marc Anthony made an appearance at the Toronto International Film Festival.

~
R&B beauties Christina Milian and Amerie posing it up for fashion week, although Christina's dress looks rather cheap, she's killing it with the shoes! Fashion week also sees R&B singers Kelly Rowland and Brandy come out to play.

OK, off topic but I've been down lately after receiving the news yesterday that my 37-year-old aunt has got cancer. She was told the news this week and can't stop crying. She's been in hospital for the past week now and my mom has taken the news pretty badly because it's her youngest sister (my mom is 9 years older) and out of all my moms five siblings she is the oldest. As it's my 25th birthday in the next couple of weeks I don't even think I can celebrate it. I was going to organise a meal for close family and friends at China town. But I don't think anyone will be in celebration mood after this. After moving into my new apartment, I was going to have a house-warming party but fuck it now. I've just been listening to music all day trying to take it all in and make sense of the situation. The sad thing about it is that she lived a pure and innocent life and didn't get into it with anybody. She still lived at home with her mother (my grandmother) didn't smoke, didn't drink and never had a physical relationship with any man and now she may never get that opportunity.

I use to tease her and ask her if she found herself a boyfriend yet *lol* I do find it kind of odd that as she's heading towards 40, she never did go there but I can't knock her at all. Your virginity is special and maybe she just didn't find the one, and she will never have children. Oh well. She feels that her life is over because the doctors are telling her that she can no longer go back to work EVER and she's more upset than anything that she's going to lose all of her long hair, but the nurses reassured her that it'll grow back. The cancer is too much in its advanced stages so they can't cure it, only treat it, so no matter what happens, the cancer will always be in her body. This is just so heart-breaking. As my mom loves to smoke her head off, I would always tell her that she's shortening her life span and triggering off her cancer cells. We ALL have cancer cells by the way. It just needs something to trigger it off. That's why my mom was saying that if you're going to catch it, you will catch it, no matter what type of healthy life style you may live. Nobody is exempt from it. That's just the way life works.

Lastly, I know I haven't been on top as far as the updates are concerned, but I've had a lot going on in my personal life. If you feel my blog isn't good enough or you feel you need to compare it to other blogs, then why do you spend all your precious time coming here criticising? Stay at those blogs. It's always the same anonymous person posting the same shit: "Oh, this blog posted that first" or "I've seen that picture already" Who fucking cares? YOU may have seen it but others may not have. I don't compete with other blogs. I just do me. You say you visit my blog ONCE a week, good! Don't visit AT ALL! Obviously something is drawing you back here. At the end of the day, I put my own spin on things. Not to take away from Perez Hilton or Pink Is The New Blog because I think those blogs are fantastic and I visit them on the regular but anyone can right-click save a picture from Getty images, Reuters or Wire images, extract it to photoshop, scribble all over it with some funny catchphrase, visit all the Hollywood gossip sites and copy n paste all the articles onto their blog. Easy as pie. Easy money. I don't do that. I write all the articles myself using my own style. I don't just post downloads but I write reviews with the songs and due to what happened with my old blog, I don't brazenly post full albums any more as record labels are still watching my site. I do what I can but it's whatever. You need not be here if you don't appreciate what I do. OK, long post I know. But I just needed to vent and this was a good place to do it. Janet Jackson tonight people! I so look forwards to that.

17 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly Rowland and Brandy both look HOT HOT HOT!!!!! Can't wait for their albums to drop!

Anonymous said...

Hey Toya, I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. I do have a very close relationship with my aunt, so I know what you're going through. May god give her and your family the strength to pull it through!

Anonymous said...

B.E.T. YOU DISGUST ME.
that's all i'm gonna say.

Anonymous said...

I am saddened to hear about your aunt. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I’m going through the same thing with my older sister, so I do understand. Have faith… Dee

Anonymous said...

I don't know Y BET had him on there, he look akward!!! they slippin I stop watchin....*downgrade*....Shame....

Anonymous said...

STAY STRONG TOYA.

Anonymous said...

I know that's what I said, "Who do U know who post the BEST reviews EVER!!!" and not use plagiarism...it's easy to copy and paste and make it look "different" and pretty but it's plagiarism point bank! U, U WRITE gurl, lol, U were born for journalism!!! Do not worry about this ass hole "Anon" cause obviously it's something bringing them back, and I agree with everything you said :) Keep doin U gurl!!! Believe or not it's some on here that actually appreciate what U do!!!

And sorry about your aunt, and it's true what Ur mom says cancer can happen to ne one no matter wat lifestyle they may live...And Ur family shouldn't worry about it...at least U have eachother and it could've been worse now....Remember that!!! and Ur aunt still can love!!! ne body can love if they wanted to and accepted themselves, then ppl can accept U!!!! She still is a beautiful young lady and deserves a caring and passionate young man!!! It could've been worse....and always think POSITIVE gurl..."U WILL get through this..." "U WILL not give into the enemy!!!" SAY IT!!! Don't be sooo harsh on Urself gurl!!! It's NOT that serious!!! U got to say to Urself this is nothing...We all will be praying for U, hang in their...U a survivor so is Ur aunt!!! XoXoXo

Anonymous said...

Toya I am sorry to hear about your aunt....but God has a divine plan and everything will work out,as long as you have faith in him!

And your blog is fantastic with intelligently written criticism/praises & reviews

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Toya, I'm very sorry to hear about your aunt. My niece passed away, about 2 months ago. Her death was not expected. I'm saying this because, well...I wish I had more time. I wish I'd known what to expect. I would have taken the opportunity to spend even more time with her. Although you are of course very sad & hurt right now, you still have time left. Take it. Please take the time to let your aunt know how much she's loved. Get the family together & create long lasting memories. Trust me when I say, although it may seem wrong, it's completely worth it. May God bless you.

Anonymous said...

GIRL, you are so right. Just say fuck these haterz!

Toya, I'm sorry to hear about what's been going on but I thought that maybe something was going on because you just seem tired. Not that your blog has suffered at ALL (that retarded scary-ass "Anon" person is really blind), but a strong man can tell when a strong woman is feeling vulnerable.

It will be okay in the end, but you MUST keep in mind that all things DO happen for a reason. And don't start getting pessimistic, either. You gotta leave this in the hands of faith because if you try to anticipate the worst, you will only hurt yourself. And your aunt MAY be a miracle child, at that.

If it is your aunt's time to go, you can't blame the spirit for wanting her company...she is an inspirational woman.

Toya, stay strong, you have this in you. And you know what? You talking like nobody wants to celebrate...no, they don't want to celebrate their sadness, but you are still here and you are still worth a b-day celebration. You have to keep things in perspective for your family, and GIVE them AND YOURSELF a reason to smile. You all deserve that, and it's what your aunt wants. It's what our hearts need.

We love you girl, and keep ya head up.

Peace.Love.Music.
~Felipe Antonio

Anonymous said...

Toya, i'm so sorry to here about your aunt. i work on a childrens cancer unit and i have become pretty close to alot of the patients so i can understand where you are coming from ( even though these kids aren't family to me ) .i've always been told that god doesn't put you through anything that you can't handle and i know you will be strong enough to get through this . keep your head up . you and your family are in my prayers.

as for the anons who always got something to say , don't let those fools get to you . they have nothing better to do then to try and mess up someone else's day .

Anonymous said...

Justin Timberlake makes a recent appearance on 106 & Park. I wonder what his gimmick was this time. Admiration for sista's who rock afro's?

Didn't I read this in the C&D comments already?? Was that you who posted that or did you just lift someone else's comments?

Toya said...

Anon that was me on C&D. You can even click my homepage and it directs you straight to here.

Also, I just want to thank everyone for the encouraging words. It's hard but I'm coping. I don't want her to die. :(

Anonymous said...

Justin Timberlake makes a recent appearance on 106 & Park. I wonder what his gimmick was this time. Admiration for sista's who rock afro's?

Didn't I read this in the C&D comments already?? Was that you who posted that or did you just lift someone else's comments?

^^ this is a perfect example of what toya was talking about . trying to be a smart ass without investigating got you smacked in the face with the fact that it was toya who posted those comments on C& D.

Random J said...

DAMN! J.Lo MUST be pregnant! Look at dem titties! They're balooning! She never had no chest like dat before!

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear about your aunt-I also recently found out someone in my family very close to me has cancer. You and all of your family are in my prayers.

Toya said...

Thank you.