YOUR LATEST SINGLES REVIEW

Knock Down - Alesha Dixon [download: full]
I'm totally feeling this. After the flop of her first single Lipstick, Alesha is starting over with Knock Down being the next single. It has a fun reggae style vibe and she sounds just like Ms Dynamite. I didn't like Lipstick at all. I actually preferred the R&B she did when she was in the group Mis-Teeq. Apparently, they were going to try and break the American market and then their label Telstar went bust all thanks to Posh Spice. I think this is a track which I feel would do really well and if it doesn't, I'd be shocked.

Losing You - Amerie [download: full]
This sounds way too Ciara-ish to me, very good to dance to but so not her style. It's not known whether it'll make her new album None of The Above but I actually miss the signature sound that Rich Harrison put together for her because these days, everything is sounding the same to me. At least her sound back then was innovative but this song doesn't make me single it out as an Amerie song or anything. I think she could do so much better.

Fool Wit' U - Omarion [download: full]
This is yet another laidback track from O's upcoming album 21, out 3rd October. This is the week before my 25th birthday. Yes people, my birthday is coming up NEXT MONTH. Holla to all my fellow Librans. Just like Beyonce, Letoya Luckett, Alicia Keys, Ashanti, Justin Timberlake, Craig David, Jessica Alba and Britney Spears, I'm a 1981 child! *lol* I like this track. I think O's voice is cemented really well with slow jams. I'm quite looking forwards to his new album actually. The only other releases I'm waiting on this year is Fergie, Janet Jackson, Monica, Mya and Ciara. This year has been spectacularly entertaining for music. So much big acts have come out.

Cry No More - Shareefa [download: full]
I'm loving this. This is more my style of music. I'm hearing a little bit of old-skool Mary here and there and could even give Keyshia Cole some competition. This is a smashing R&B track and she sounds good too. I think the song is pure hotness. I've been jamming to this song ever since it hit my emaila couple of days ago (thanks Booskee).

Here I Come - Fergie [download: full]
I like this song, very upbeat dance track and the sample she uses is very popular. Not the strongest track on the album judging by the clips that I've heard so far but I think it would work quite well as second single choice. Still, I would like to see her put out a song that display her vocal talent because she can really sing and the rap-singing is becoming a little too prevalent now.

Lost Yo Mind - Beyonce [download: full]
I think this track is actually hot and sounds much better than the other bonus track Creole. It has a fun kind of vibe like Check On It. It just reminds me of Check On It for some reason. The beat is very nice and I also like how she is singing on the track. I love the start when she says "You dun lost yo motherfreakin' mind" *lol* I can definetely see myself jamming to this in the long run.

16 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Music this year has been horrible too me. People you wouldn't normally like stole the show, like Fergie and T.I(For Me). Most of the big acts failed this year, like Beyonce and Janet. I don't think people were so impressed with them. I know I wasn't.

Anonymous said...

That Amerie song is NOT the first single off her 3rd album! It's a Song on a french/african Album called "Rai N B Fever 2" (actually u can hear her sayin' that) and that album is popular in france and africa. the male voice is "willy denzey" and the songs REAL name is: "Crunk Didi (losin u)"

Anonymous said...

Is Fergie's track the ones that the CW has been using for the past couple of months for their TV Ads? For those who live outside of the US (like Toya), the CW is a new network premiering in the US soon (and already has in some areas) which is basically a merge between the WB and CBS-owned UPN. Check youtube for the ads.

Anonymous said...

"Here I Come" a second single?

Don't quit your day job.

If the company releases that as a second single, her A&R needs to be fired.

Anonymous said...

And this is coming from someone who has worked nearly 10 years (successfully) in A&R.

Anonymous said...

To the person who mentioned the CW... that is the original song they use. Fergie's is an interpolation.

Anonymous said...

u worked succesfully in a&r and now u are lurking on websites like this one... SAD

Anonymous said...

I'm feelin that Beyonce song I see you girl! Let that aggression out! I love this new style she's going with...Not a lot of artist can sing over up beat and "hard" tracks like the ones on her album...I think she's tryin to show her vocal rage...I LIKE IT!!! Happy Birthday Beyonce!!!

Toya said...

Play nice now.

Anonymous said...

if that a&r is who i think it is then wow!!!!!!!!! hes known for surfin the i-net but never thought id see him someplace like here. to the 2nd person who called him sad u have NO idea what ure talkin abouut. u probably listen to his groups everyday

Anonymous said...

That Omarion song is not going to be on the next album. A group called "Chapter 4" has already released a video for it and it's their first single. They are on J Records and are 4 members of the old group 3rd Storee. Their version is 10x better by the way...

Anonymous said...

What A&R??? I don't get it, did I miss sumthing? Who?

Anonymous said...

ow YEAAAAAAAAA that shareefa song makes me sooooo happy.... i love that THAT is RnB like k.cole, mary, jaheim, urban mystic those kinds of songz....good stuff

STeelo

Anonymous said...

Ooh thankyou Toya!!! U're rite about Shareefa, she reminds me of Keysh'...I think that they could be even related...lol..& I do here a lil' Mary sample in dere...Thanks sooo much. I never heard of her but she sounds really GOOD!!!

Random J said...

I actually may buy Fergie's album! It sounds better than I thought it would. I didn't like "Londom bridge" and having listened to the album sampler, I think it's easily the weakest track on there. I love "Voodoo doll" - it reminds me of one of them old dub style Reggae tunes my Mum plays loud when she's tidying the house. *lol*

I think I'll be copping this record.

Anonymous said...

I DONT LIKE THAT BEYONCE'S SONG EITHER,I GOT NO NEED TO HEAR SOMEBODY YELLIN INSTEAD SINGIN AS SHE SHOULD BE DOING. I REALLY LIKE THAT SONG BY AMERIE, ITS DA SHIT!!!!! I LUV IT, THE CHORUS IS SO DAMN ADDICTIVE