FASHION ROCKS REVIEW

~
Worse Janet shoot EVER. Which is worse? This or the Vibe cover?

~
Now I don't even want to know what Janet was thinking when she decided to do this ludicrous warrior/Egyptian-style photo shoot for W Magazine. Everything about it is just so wrong. This is a fashion no-no, but in other area's fashion did rock at last night's ceremony:

The Fashion Rocks show was well put together and I enjoyed all the performances. Beyonce's banana outfit was a tribute to Josephine Baker. She's been doing a lot of tributes lately in her performances. At last weeks VMA's she paid tribute to Janet's Rhythm Nation. Word has it that she was fighting back for Janet since the VMA's is MTV-affiliated and we all know that MTV has banned all of Janet's music and video's. But her Fashion Rocks performance was a knock-out, very energetic. Even her little Good Morning America concert impressed me. Say what you want about the girl, but she goes completely out of her way to put on a great show and she definetely compensated for that lackluster BET Awards performance back in late July. After that little mishap, she's definetely improved. Later on in this entry, you can also check out her tour dates which have been announced yesterday I believe. I am calling for Irreplaceable to be the next single after Ring The Alarm. I think it will be. I also enjoyed both of Christina Aguilera's performances, the one where she's belting out Candyman and the one with Elton John. Actually, for a fun upbeat track like Candyman, I thought she oversang it. Not every song requires you to blow your lungs out, even Mariah Carey knows when to exert control over her vocals when it comes to certain types of songs. I think Christina's problem is that with EVERY song, she wants to prove to everybody that she's a powerhouse and it's already evident that she is a brilliant singer.

Nelly Furtado & Timbaland had a good performance. Timbaland is making stage appearances left and right. Hell, as I stated before he's the genious behind most of these hot songs so he should come out and let it be known. By the way, Nelly was looking a lot like Penelope Cruz. I actually liked the hair. I thought Pussy Cat Dolls had a hot performance. I watch that performance and think, well, Melody is getting some extended camera time now and since she's the one doing all the adlibbing, I feel that when Nicole leaves the group, Melody will take over as the next frontwoman of Pussy Cat Dolls. Hell, they're already setting her up for it. Fergie's performance was okay. I liked it but it was nothing spectacular. Actually, London Bridge is starting to get on my nerves now. Everytime I'm in the car listening to the radio and that song comes on, I just find myself switching the station. Of course, it's in Radio One's top playlist now so I switch to Galaxy. After a while, the song just becomes irritable to the ears. It's not even the best song on her new album. There are songs way stronger than this one. Rihanna had a great performance. I loved the big hair and she made an annoying song sound really tolerable. Her weaves are always on point. I have yet to see this chicks hair out of place. She's still not a fluent dancer but she did good for Rihanna. I like her new video for We Ride. It was simple but pretty. And again, I can't stop drooling over the guy she's dancing with at the club. Now I actually have a reason to watch a Rihanna video repeatedly *lol* Oh, and don't forget to check out all the hot new blogs I've put up lately especially this one. This blogger is funny as HELL. Talented writer. Well, here are Beyonce's European tour dates.

May 18 2007, 8:00P: Ahoy , Rotterdam
May 19 2007, 8:00P: Sportpalais, Antwerp
May 21 2007, 8:00P: The Dome, Marseilles
May 22 2007, 8:00P: Palau St. Jordi, Barcelona
May 23 2007, 8:00P: Palacio Desportes, Madrid
May 24 2007, 8:00P: Atlantico Pavilion, Lisbon
May 26 2007, 8:00P: Tony Garnier Lyon
May 29 2007, 8:00P: NEC, Birmingham (AHA!!!)
May 30 2007, 8:00P: MEN, Manchester
May 31 2007, 8:00P: Nottingham Arena, Nottingham
Jun 4 2007, 8:00P: Wembley Arena, London
Jun 6 2007, 8:00P: The Point, Dublin

Fabizzle, do you know when tickets go on sale? I want to get mines as soon as possible for me and my sister. Does anyone have Noah's Arc? It's not for me. But I know peeps who want it. If anyone can post it then thank you in advance.

15 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. Wow! Thats a tough one with Janet, they both are horrible but W magazine make her look terrible so I'm going to have to go with W being the worse of the two

Anonymous said...

Maybe its just me, but i fail to see the flaw in the Janet pics.
What is Noah's Arc?

Anonymous said...

ok toya i completely disagree with u on the janet photospread.I think they managed to do the impossible make janet look different (cuz recently she's been looking the same)the pics are very expressive and if u really look at them even the one where she's jumping it's clear that the look she was going for was being in "CONTROL" and it's achieved.But the cover is ugly.I think janet just has bad luck with covers like the vibe one where the oics inside were way better

Anonymous said...

The looks like the JUGANAUT on the cover :)

Anonymous said...

I actually thought that Beyonce's performance was boring and I was also very upset to see that her intro to the performance was the same intro she had during her Destiny Fulfilled and Lovin It tour. So that is two times now that she is using material that was in the tour (first it was the Rhythm Nation tribute that was originally done by the male dancers on tour with her).

I thought that Christina Aguilera's performance was nice. It wasn't great, but she performed the song well until the end when she continued to belt out the song. I'm probably her biggest fan and even I saw that as a big problem.

I hope Irreplaceable is her next single as well, but I also hope she learns to sing it live. I have not been impressed with any of her live performances of that particular song.

Anonymous said...

i have always liked the vibe cover and i like the last picture at the bottom where janet is in black . i don't like the other pics before the one in black.

Anonymous said...

Toya thank you so much for the comment on my blog, truly appreciate. Keep up the great work on your blog too cause you rock!

I don't like the cover of W that Janet did, the other pics are average.

I agree with everything "emblematic" said.

Nelly Furtado has good songs, and a good album but I'm forced to accept the fact that she doesn't have stage presence. She's boring. Timbaland is boring on stage too.

Fergie has yet to have ONE performance for "London Bridge" that I can call entertaining.

Toya said...

Hi Beauty. I agree with you about Fergie. She has YET to impress me with a performance.

Jayjay, I just think she looks weird in the pictures, it's not so much the poses. Her hair on that front cover looks like she butchered Simba just so that she could put it on her head.

Niles, I don't know what Noah's Arc is. Somebody wanted it.

Anonymous said...

By the way, although I've never watched it, Noah's Arc is a show on this channel Logo (they talk a lot about the show on the forum site Crushspot). Its kind of like the black gay male Sex in the City, I believe.

Anonymous said...

Noah's Arc ROCKS!!!


I've never expected to be THIS big, it's a TV series on Logo (A gay network) that follows the lives of four black gay men living in L.A. & I disagree, the show reminds me more of "Girlfriends," I geuss cause where it's set and the fact that they're 4rm L.A. too!!! But U gotta watch it!!!! GOOD STUFF!!!

Anonymous said...

What your failing to realize about the Janet photo shoot is that this was supposed to be an artsy photo shoot not a glamour shoot.

Anonymous said...

First of all it's WORST. Second, Janet looks absolutely fantastic! It's an arty shoot. What don't you get? As another person already pointed out, they're not suppose to be glamor shots but she does look amazing.

Anonymous said...

B performance was tight snd I love all of her perfomances of irreplaceable and Janet in the mag looks different she has a great body but face shots should not be taken of her

Anonymous said...

DAMN JANET LOOKS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
I REALLY LIKE THESE PICS.
I DON'T LIKE THE ONES SHE DID 4 FHM THOUGH.
BUT THESE LOOK AMAZING!!!!!

AND I LOOOOVE BEE'S JOSAPHINE BAKER OUTFIT.
LOVE IT BEE!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the pics of Janet because they make her look different and she not trying to look like anyone else in these. They not just trying to show her body off like usual,they are showing creativity in these shots.