THE OUT 100 AWARDS AND MORE ...

Oh my goodness, 5 weeks until Christmas and working on my new blog has been somewhat of a bitch. I am NOT changing the layout but I am trying to switch up on my colours, it will be a consummation of pinks, violets and purples. I'm into those type of sassy, elegant and cool girly-girl kinda type of colours. I hope it doesn't put any of you males off from visiting but I'm a girly-girl type of person, oh, and I've just completed my new banner. Only morbidly obese people will be offended by it but I did it for laughs. You guys will have to wait until New Years day when the new look is finally revealed. Until then, what has been popping off in R&B land?


Yesterday, Amerie attended the Out 100 Awards and looked absolutely fantastic!


Another R&B beauty who couldn't go wrong at the Out 100 Awards was Kelis who also looked amazing.


On the 9th November 2006, Janet Jackson attended Genetic Denim's One-Year Anniversary and the Launch of Their Re-Vamped Collection. I hate those boots with a passion. They just look heavy and uncomfortable to walk in. Christina Milian had some similar ones when she attended the Playstation 3 event this week. It must be this season's must-have winter accessory. Well not on my list! And why does her cheeks look like droopy testicles?


On the 9th November 2006, Blu Cantrell attended Genetic Denim's One-Year Anniversary and the Launch of Their Re-Vamped Collection. Blu MUST know that 90% of the time she looks a hot ass mess. She just has to. I think she deliberately goes out of her way to look uncoordinated just to set tongues wagging or to gain some kind of attention. After all, as much as I love her music, it doesn't make any noise so this is the best way to get noticed I guess. She must want to make People's Worst Dressed List. She needs to hire a damn stylist then the world will be her saviour.


A new shoot Rihanna did some time ago. Cute! I think she should always stick with that fringe.

The mystery of Britney's boobs are now very becoming. Since the announcement of her divorce to penniless Kevin Ferderline earlier this week, she has made the press everyday and has been snapped on many occasions with her blatantly obvious different sized breasts. OK, every woman (including myself) has one boob bigger than the other but the difference is not so obvious. Her left breast looks like a B cup and her right breast looks like a D cup.


These pictures were taken on two different occasions this week and her left breast looks deflated IN EVERY PICTURE whilst her right breast looks full and round (with baby milk I presume). It just looks really odd. I highly doubt that they are implants because they would be even and she is rich enough to sort herself out with the best surgeon in the world. It was just something that came to my attention. Tis not advisable to wear cleavage-baring dresses when one boob looks soooo much bigger than the other. I hate how they will look when her post-baby body grows out of its stages. In other Britney news, I am very excited to announce that Pharrell Williams is working on her new album. At a Louis Vuitton party in New York City on Thursday night, producer Pharrell Williams told PEOPLE he'd be helping out. Asked about upcoming projects, he said, "The stuff I'm about to do is amazing, but I don't like talking about what I’m about to do." He paused, then said, "Okay, I'm going in with Britney." [Source] I am excited about that because Slave 4 U was hot as hell and it will always be my jam.


According to a number of articles Beyonce is to play *cough* a lesbian. [source] Her lover? Eva Longoria. And the movie is stated to be called 'Tipping The Velvet' which is a Victorian drama. I remember watching the BBC adaptation four years ago and the scenes were overly sexual and morbidly graphic yet Beyonce is reported to be "incredibly excited" about the sex scenes. Really? Because I remember the controversy back at the 2003 VMA Awards where Madonna did that lesbian kiss with Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera during their Like A Virgin performance. I remember Beyonce doing an interview with The Sun saying that she doesn't kiss girls because of her religion (Christianity) and her words were hugely misinterpreted by the media as homophobic and then you started seeing all these columns saying that "Beyonce hates faggots". In the end, she had to release a statement claiming that she does NOT hate gay people, except it was something that she wouldn't do.


In the BBC adaptation of Tipping The Velvet, there were lots of nude scenes and girl-on-girl action, so if Beyonce does press on with doing the sex scenes with Eva Longaria, it would just make her look hypocritical. But then again, as much as I love Beyonce, she is no stranger to contradiction. I am pretty certain that her "I don't kiss girls" comment will come back to haunt her. I know it's just acting, but neither Britney, Christina or Madonna are lesbians. That was acting as well believe it or not. It was a performance to shock and cause outrage. We all know that the three female musketeers have littered their careers with shock tactics and controversy (Madonna's Like A Prayer video, her nude shoot, Britney's paedophile-magnet Baby One More Time video, her raunchy underaged photo shoot for Rollingstone and her 55-hour marriage to Jason Alexander, Christina Aguilera's disgusting Dirrty video). Check out Beyonce's latest new shoot for House of Dereon that she did with her younger sister Solange:


Cute, but um, why is she advertising that? She's in the wrong season. We are in winter now and I cannot see myself wearing that in 0 degree temperatures. Get real! Anyway, back to this lesbian movie. Beyonce and Eva are said to be incredibly excited about the steamy love scenes and can't wait for filming on the project to start. Eva, 31, said: "Yes it's true. We are talking about doing the movie together. It's such a wonderful novel, a beautiful love story." OK, so they're in talks but I bet you any money that this movie doesn't take off. It just screams fake to me. Director Sofia Coppola is hoping to bring Sarah Water's novel about sexual repression to the big screen and is desperate for Beyonce and Eva to take the roles of a 1890s music hall star, Kitty Butler, and her lesbian lover Nan Astley. Beyonce, 25, thinks it is time the world was treated to a classic lesbian love story. The singer, who was speaking at a New York benefit for ovarian cancer, said: "We've had 'Brokeback Mountain' so the time is right for this divine novel to get the same treatment." The BBC's TV adaptation of 'Tipping The Velvet' caused outrage four years ago with its graphic sex scenes, which included cross-dressing and the use of sex toys. If the movie does get underway, think of it as a great bums-on-seats strategy. What red-bloodied man will not run to the theatres to see two of the sexiest females in entertainment play lesbians? Hell, I'm straight and female and even the thought of THAT turns me on but unfortunately, this is just a dream. Yeah fellas, dream the hell on!

In other R&B crumbs, Mariah Carey is demanding that her Asian promoters reimburse the 1million for the preparation of her scrapped concert. Bosses at One Group Investments Private Limited claim they were forced to pull the plug on the October 28 concert due to the diva's "unreasonable" last-minute demands and poor ticket sales. But Carey's handlers and attorneys insist it was them who prompted the cancellation when the promoter "breached its contractual obligations". I have always been inspired by Mariah's rags-to-riches story and well, her diva-like demands and behaviour leave me at a lost for words because you'd think that being rich and famous after living in struggle would humble that person into being gratuitous and grateful with what they have. Not even all the money in the world can humble Mariah and that just saddens me. Always remember that as quickly as ot took her to become a millionaire and legendary vocal sensation is the same amount of quickness it can take for those commodities to be easily taken away from her. Someone slap her wrist with a reality check. When Will Smith goes to London hotels, he makes up his own bed and cleans his own room making life for the chambermaids so much easier and he gives them tips for doing nothing! Mariah needs to take an example from that. R&B singer Monica will premiere her new video next week for A Dozen Roses. We should see it on the 16th November 2006. 4 days to go for Michael Jackson's Thriller performance at The World Music Awards. I know ya'll are excited about that. Let the jokes and laughter commence! And lastly ...

Jay-Z's new album Kingdom Come has leaked today and everyone is saying it is SUPER WACK! I downloaded it and gave it a listen. I won't front of course so I'm not going to act like I'm some Hip Hop head. My speciality is R&B music so I've reviewed the R&B collabs on his album. I've been dying to listen to that Beyonce collab for some time so check out my review:

Anything - Jay-Z feat Usher and Pharrell [download]
This is a great track, the melody is enriched with Usher's smoothness. Love his vocals on the track which just make me anticipate his comeback even more. Let him show Justin Timberlake how it should really be done! I like it when he says "I like it when you bounce, bounce". Cracking stuff. Oh and since he and Mariah are close pals, he gives her a shoutout!

Hollywood - Jay-Z feat Beyonce [download]
I am pretty disappointed. This song is nothing special. No, I wasn't expecting another Crazy In Love but I was expecting much better than this. The beat doesn't even grab you. How many times have they collaborated? Let's see. Crazy In Love, Bonnie and Clyde 05, Deja vu and That's How I Like It. 5 times. That is most definetely a world record for a music couple!

Dig A Hole - Jay-Z feat Sterling Simms [download]
You know that new R&B artist Sterling who got signed to Def Jam? I introduced you guys to him a couple of weeks ago. He has made his first singing debut on this track and he actually has a nice voice. So not only is he cute as hell but I can definitely hear the talent. Homeboy has potential and I cannot wait to hear his music in the 07. His new single Jump Off is expected to impact radio in the coming weeks and I sooo look forwards to it. I like the songs I've heard from him so far.

Minority Report - Jay-Z feat Ne-yo [download]
It's an okay track. I like the message behind it. Jay-Z wants to get all political on our asses now and he's curbed out all the bitch this hoe that calling. Ne-yo collaborates on this track and he'll be gracing us with his sophomore in the year 2007. I wonder why Rihanna did not get a collaboration spot on the album though.

0 Comments: