FRIDAY R&B CRUMBS




Today, R&B singers Ciara and Chris Brown attended a Thanksgiving Day Parade. Speaking of which, Ciara's new album has GOT to leak by next week otherwise I will just find myself jumping from a 200 foot tower block. I keed I keed. But like the rest of you, I am amped about this CD.

I'm really happy for my mom by the way because today she went for a job interview, working with young people with behaviour problems. It will be like her first high-profile job in 100 years. She had a great job in mental health in the past and that was when it was only myself and my brother. I'm 25 and my brother is 22. But then she had my two sisters. One rebellious teenager and my other sister has two more years before she starts high school, so during those times, she just spent time at home raising my two troublesome sisters, being the good housewife, despite not being married (lol). Well, my mom thinks the interview went well. She told me they asked her lots of difficult questions and they made her do a written test so she's basically waiting now, but she's convinced the job is as good as hers, so good luck mam! Well back to my R&B blogging. I don't want to bore you guys with the stuff going on in my life. Haha.

On 22nd November 2006, Rihanna gave a performance in Lisbon, Portugal's Coliseu dos Recreios.




If Rihanna wasn't a singer, she'd have been a catwalk supermodel prancing around in Milan with the likes of Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss. The chick simply has legs to die for. I never realised the chick was so tall. I'd say she were about a very slender and tower-like 5'11 and folks say my ass is tall at 5'8. Dream Girls mania really has hit town, it seems:
.



This week was monumental with the Dream Girls promotion going into overdrive. There was also a "Dreamgirls" Press Conference that took place last week with Jamie Foxx, Eddie Murphy, Jennifer Hudson and Beyonce Knowles. As I keep reporting consistently, Beyonce's video for Listen premieres next week. I know I keep saying this but I am just sooooo excited being the huge Beyonce fan that I am. And I know I rag on her a lot on my blog but it's all in jest and I find it really fun, mainly because she puts herself out there to be ragged on, or sometimes she'll do something or say something not so smart. I guess it can't be helped though. Oh well. Another high profile music celebrity that made headlines with her new slimline well toned figure was Britney Spears:

Last night, Britney was seen out attending a Paris Hilton party and her stomach looked so defined and toned, I find it incredibly hard to believe that she achieved this in just 8 weeks after giving birth. Unless she really expects us to believe that such a look was achived by working out strenously and living on a good cucumber and tomato diet.

We all knew that K-Fed was dead weight and through giving him the boot, she just wants to let her blonde hair down or should that be extensions? But she's been partying REAL hard lately with Paris Hilton. So does this mean Nicole Richie has gone back to being dumped again? It use to be Nicole in Britney's boots. They were like the modern day Thelma and Louise, never seen without each other. I guess their fallout still had some major repercussions. It was just odd that there were no pictures of them together backstage. A drifted friendship? Yeah, I would say so.
.


Everytime we get a Christina Milian appearance, her gorgeous self is always in a shop. She is definetely a shopaholic like myself but then we are both 25-year-old Libra's so go figure! Last week she was seen shopping at Pimps and looked mad cute. In a recent blog entry she writes that she went to San Diego and joined R&B singer Chris Brown, Xzibit, Jamie Kennedy and a whole bunch of celebs for the DUB magazine car show. She has been working out lately and would love to spend Christmas on an Island in a bikini and a santa hat. Sounds like a perfect photoshoot opportunity if you ask me. Lastly, she is working on some future projects so something will be in the pipeline real soon. Images are courtesy of Lady Milian. Well, I'm closing off by providing you all with this Fantasia album sampler, courtesy of AOL Music (Thanks Booskee). Check out the tidbits that Fantasia provides for each song and don't forget that her album drops 12th December 2006. Oh and she says Jamie Foxx was a good kisser when they played tonsil tennis at this years BET Awards.



1. 'Hood Boy'
"I did this song with Big Boi from Outkast. He's the only guest other than my brother on the album. I've let go of things from the past and I'm having a good time now. This song's got me singing, but moving too. This album is so different than my first one. There are a few 'Free Yourself's, so there's a little something for everyone. This song has got a feel like the music I grew up with, with a real live band, but it gets you on your feet."

2. 'When I See You'
"This is a Midi Mafia joint. I am actually in that situation right now, everyone is at some point, where you see someone and you can't say anything, you can just smile. I have a huge crush right now, but I'm not tellin' who. Everyone can relate to that. I don't like to sing songs I can't put my all in."

3. 'Not the Way I Do'
"This is a club joint right here. I'm 22, looking for love, but sometimes it comes with the crazy stuff. The song was produced by Kwame. It just makes you want to get up and dance. You can't help but move your body to it, it's urban, but you have to rock out when you hear it."

4. 'I Nominate U'
"If you remember the piece on BET with my kiss with Jamie Foxx, listen to the words of this song. I still remember that kiss. Jamie is a great kisser; it was a dream come true. So after everything that happened, I nominate HIM. (No, Jamie hasn't heard it ... yet.)"

5. 'I Feel Beautiful'
"This song is for my mom. She's getting married soon and she's never felt so beautiful. This is also the happiest I've ever seen her. She was with my father for years, but that's a whole other story. Now she feels just beautiful, and nobody can tell her anything else. We were once in a place where people could put us down and put us in a depression, and thank God we're not there anymore. I will be singing this at her wedding. Now I also feel the same way. I got my confidence back."

0 Comments: