TUESDAY'S YUMMY R&B CRUMBS ...

Tomorrow night's World Music Awards in London is shaping up to be a good one. I wasn't really excited about Michael Jackson's performance but I am now, after discovering that The King of Pop has allegedly asked R&B singer Chris Brown to help recreate Thriller at tomorrow's ceremony. According to a Sun showbiz columnist, the pair are having late night rehearsals at London's Earls Court tonight to prepare. Wow, this is great news. I love Chris Brown and his cute self. I think he's an amazing performer (he definitely wowed me with that BET performance back in late July). Micheal Jackson will always be a legend even with the child allegations. He has not been convicted with a guilty verdict unlike that pervert R.Kelly. 100 years after he has departed this earth, Michael Jackson will be a highly acknowledged icon generation after generation after generation. Your grandchildren and great grandchildren will know who he is mark my words! OK, he looks a hot shoddy mess now and he brings new meaning to melted cheese, but put his looks aside and remember him for the classic music and amazing performances. Chris Brown is a product of his environment - a younger generation that has been inspired by the pop culture that was invented by the man himself so to see a young man on stage perform with his idol will be really insightful. Kind of like Britney Spears performing with her idol Madonna at VMA's 2003, kind of like Justin Timberlake performing with his idol MJ at VMA's 2002, kind of like Alicia Keys performing with her idol Stevie Wonder at the Grammies back in 2004 and you get my drift. Chris Brown's fine self will definitely deliver I'm sure!

Alesha Dixon is in my top 10 friends on Myspace, and I was reading her messages at her Myspace and they were lovely. All the fans were supportive leaving her messages of condolences. Her husband Harvey didn't attract ONE message on his Myspace whereas Javine's Myspace was littered with pure hate mail. Somebody even posted this picture on her page eluding that she looked like a horse:

Damn, I know what Javine did was wrong but she really is getting all the stick. She may not be as beautiful as Alesha but there was no reason to call her a horse. OK, she slept with Alesha's fella but stuff like this happens everyday. Even Jamelia jumped on the bandwagon and trashed her ass. Well, on Alesha's Myspace, they are trashing Harvey as well. I know I shouldn't laugh but the comments are mad funny. You should check them out!

Over the weekend, Mariah Carey and Latoya Jackson made appearances and well, Mariah looked great when she attended the annual Joe Torre Safe at Home Foundation gala last Friday.

However, Latoya was looking all ghastly like her brother Michael. But why does her stomach area look like cabbage patch? Why does she proceed in dressing like that at 50 years old? When she reaches 70, she will still be pitifully squeezing herself in tight Capri's and midriff-baring tops, with her walking stick and lace font. That family suffers from Peter Pan syndrome. The condition of never wanting to grow up and refusing to grow old gracefully with all that surgery making the pockets of those surgeons fuller and fuller, richer and richer. If the surgery actually looked good, it would not have been so bad, but these surgeons are turning them into monsters. Even Joe Jackson is in denial by dying his thinning hair jet black and wearing earrings, trying to appeal to the ladies which was a large part of his regime during his Jackson 5 days.

Anyway, here's some new Ciara news for thoses awaiting her eagerly anticipated new album: Ciara hearts the '80s, and it shows on the 21-year-old singer's sophomore album, "Ciara: The Evolution", due in stores December 5th. "There was a certain way a record used to groove back in the day. I wanted to go back to what I really loved growing up," says Ciara, who co-produced the album. "With my last album (2004's "Goodies"), I was going with the flow, but here I was able to start from scratch. It started with me just having a clear vision of where I wanted to go." First, that meant drawing from fellow danceaholics like Prince, Madonna, Michael Jackson and TLC. Second, Harris wanted to get more personal. "I challenged myself to think deeper and open up more to my fans, because I've been a very private person," she says. But "Ciara: The Evolution" pulls a bait-and-switch, leading with the sensual ballad "Promise", produced by Polow Da Don. "I didn't know what people expected me to do with this record because of the (slow) tempo," Ciara says of the song's sultry music video, which finds her gyrating with a microphone. "I wanted to make sure you felt like you were still watching a Ciara video, but that you also felt 'The Evolution'." Most likely, "Like A Boy" or "I Proceed" will be the next single. She also said she will probably do another ballad as her 4th single, produced by Bryan Michael Cox. [SimplyCiara] I think this is great and if her sound is anything like the 80's sound that some of our legends graced us with way back when I think I'm going to really enjoy this album. I thought that her album Goodies was a hot album. This could be like, well, outside of my favourite singer Tamia, this could be ONE of the most enjoyable R&B albums of 2006. So far my girl Tamia holds that title. And I really want Like A Boy to be the next single because the song is absolutely wowsers.
~
NO LESBIAN KISSES BETWEEN BEYONCE AND EVA
.
I knew it was false. I even posted that the article looked kind of fake. BOTH Eva Longoria and Beyonce Knowles have denied they'll be sharing a tongue sarnie between one another: It was reported that at a L'Oreal event last week, Beyonce and Eva both commented that they were starring together in the film version of the lesbian love story "Tipping the Velvet" Beyonce and Eva claim they never made those statements and have no idea what anybody is talking about. Eva said, "Believe me, I would love to work with Beyonce one day. She's so talented. But this is definitely not something we are doing together. It's completely and absolutely not true. What makes me crazy is that there are quotes out there, quotes from me saying it's true. But in fact it's not true. And (there are) quotes of Beyonce saying it's about time we had a female Brokeback Mountain. And we're like, we never said that". Well, it's back to the drawing board then, folks. The dream for you fella's was nice whilst it lasted. Source

0 Comments: