AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS 2006



It's here people! Ciara's album sampler for Ciara: The Evolution, and no, there are not 10 songs on the album, but a fantastic 18 tracks. Thanks Booskee! Oh, and Etienne sent me the Dream Girls promo CD but I can't download it as it's a Yousendit file. Aaaagh! Still, I'll get hold of it somehow. Anyway, enjoy the album sampler. I have yet to listen to it myself actually. And when I do get round to listening, I'll hold my thoughts until the full album leaks because you can't get a full review with snippets.

Anyway, last night saw the American Music Awards take place, more jacked up weaves attended the ceremony than an actual horse's stable, and the red carpet was in full usage for those celebrities to strut and pose as if they were on the catwalk. So um, here's what went down, starring ....






Gorgeous Beyonce Knowles, who performed Irreplaceable. That model Sexual Chocolate who also appeared in the video made a stage appearance as well, but Bee looked dazzling in that turqouise sparkly gown.
.



Britney Spears. You can throw rocks at me if you want but I thought that Britney looked kinda hot last night as she presented Mary J Blige with her award. Actually, she looked sensational! It's great to see that she's taking her comeback seriously.



Chris Brown, Tyrese, Sean Paul and the Cheetah Girls, all strutt their stuff on the Red Carpet.




Gwen Stefani, who performed her single Wind It Up. Other performers included:



Jamie Foxx, who did a tribute to the late Levert Gerald.




Mary J Blige, who also won two awards that night. She looked terrible.




Nelly Furtado, and ....




The Pussy Cat Dolls, who performed Buttons. We also had guest appearances from:



Raven Symone, who looked gorgeous.



Nicole Richie. She's putting on more weight and she looks FANTASTIC! Obviously, Nicole was there to support her father Lionel Richie who also performed.



Jojo.



Recent American Idol runner-up Katherine McPhee, and last but not least ....




Keyshia Cole and Brian McKnight. Call me crazy but I was actually feeling Keyshia's hair. It would've looked nicer if she rocked it in one colour but all is good so far. For the UK fans, you can catch the American Music Awards TOMORROW night at 9pm on ITV2 and you can catch the World Music Awards TONIGHT at 9pm I believe, on channel 4.

Blu Cantrell attended Snoop Dogg's "Tha Blue Carpet Treatment" Album Release Party (20th Nov 2006). Chick isn't playing. She is EVERYWHERE. Blu, please go away and put yourself back into the studio.

Gorgeous Rihanna Fenty does the music issue of Fashion18 Magazine and looks absolutely fabulous!
.




I love the shoot, very sexy and dignified. More please. More more more! Mad props to UltimateRihanna for the scans.

This week Michael Richards aka Kramer was blasted for his abusive usage of the word "nigger" and in no way am I coming to this man's offence because despite his apology, what came out of his mouth was in fact racist, crude and uncalled for. However, the amount of times, I have heard black stand-up comedian Chris Rock refer to white people as "crackers" is deeply overwhelming but yet nothing gets said about it. Two wrongs don't make a right but there's not as much uproar when the tables are turned. I think it all boils down to political correctness and because of the past (which I won't go into because the subject is way too complex), I guess black racism isn't seen as damaging to that of white racism (The incident of Hurricane Katrina being an example). It doesn't matter who's spitting racial venom or participating in racial hate activity, whether it's done politically, socially, physically or verbally, racism is racism no matter WHO is doing it, no matter HOW it's done and that is my take on the subject.

0 Comments: