THURSDAY'S THANKSGIVING R&B CRUMBS

I want to wish all of my American blog readers a happy thanksgiving, and I hope everybody is enjoying their food and making the most of it. So yeah, happy thanksgiving ya'll! And here is MY thanksgiving to YOU guys for checking me out. After the jump, I've enclosed the Dream Girls promo so throughout your thanksgiving, enjoy the muuuusic because it's all about the muuuusic. Holla at yo gurl and check out today's R&B crumbs.




This brand new Kelis shoot was spotted over at UltimateKelis and it is fierce!!! My favourite picture is the one at the very top. Click on the thumbnails to view the pictures in full. Kelis is a baaaaad bitch! And here's another hot shoot:




Mya's spread for King. I previously posted the five King covers of Mya, Reagan, Trina, Buffy and Melyssa Ford and now here are the scans of their spread for the magazine (thanks Pedro). Mya looks lovely.
.





Actually, they all look hot. Buffy has an arse for days. You can definitely stack your whole CD collection in between that, mmmmm hmmmm. These are five of the most bootylicious black women in the music/entertainment industry and they bring true meaning to bootylicious so if you want to enjoy the full emphasis of the pictures, click on the thumbnails.

I think they should. It would really be cool simply because their musical styles are so different. The picture was taken behind the scenes at Tuesdays American Music Awards and usually, when two top music stars meet up together there is often talk of music and well, before you know it, collaboration comes into the topic of discussion and usually that's how duets come about. Britney's new album is already shaping up to be in a class of its own. She has already roped in top R&B producers Swizz Beatz, Pharrell Williams and Ne-yo to work on her fifth studio album set to be released next spring. And speaking of duets, here is another duet that Tamia did with her past collaborator Eric Benet called Have To Go Through It. The track did not make the South African cut but it features on the US version of her new album Between Friends (which I deeply hope you Toya's World readers bought). The track is REAL nice. It still doesn't touch their ballad Spend My Life but it was an absolute pleasure to see these two working together again because they really do possess that musical spark. Now click on the image below.


If you want to listen to some REAL SANGING, I beg you all to listen to this fabulous interview that my favourite no1 singer did with Steve Harvey. She sang songs from her classic debut, to the albums previous to these. The chick just sends you chills every time she sings. She is not my favourite singer for no reason and the interview was very inspiring. She is such a beautiful person inside and out and I wish her all the best, with everything.




Here is a new Letoya Luckett shoot done by Derrick Santini, courtesy of Letoya.net. Can't say I'm feeling these much but head on over to Letoya.net to see the rest.

Is there a conspiracy going on within the X-Factor? After all, the winner's single will be a Kelly Clarkson cover called A Moment Like This which was made to be sung by a big ballad female singer like Leona. However, X-Factor bosses tried to play down their tactics by claiming that the song was originally sung by a man and that the arrangement for the song was written to fit all voices. Hmmmm. Ironically, this was the song that became a massive hit for Kelly in 2001 after she became the first winner to win American Idol and it seems whoever picked this song had Leona in mind as the winner. Ben Miller may not stand a chance then because this isn't his type of music at all, he is actually a rocker and plus I feel his voice is way too gravel to do that song justice, whereas Leona has the perfect pitch and vocals to nail the song. It is right up her territory. Thousands have betted at the bookies that Leona will win so you know folks (including myself) will be voting for her like crazy.

.
A couple of days ago, I went on a bitch mode talking from the side of my ass about Danity Kane not getting a second single. Actually, my venom was towards Diddy and how he doesn't show his acts much consideration and that the only artist Diddy cares for is himself. I have never really forgiven the Didster for the disbandage of Dream. Their last album Reality was so damn hot. Danity Kane's album is SUPER HOT as well so you can only imagine my delight when I caught sight of this picture, where they are on the set of their second video Ride 4 U. Would have loved for them to have released an upbeat track but Ride is mellow and cute and could work well with the winter blues. And speaking of Diddy's acts, check out Cassie, having some singing lessons:


Well, you got to give it to the girl. Lawd knows she can't sing but she's a tryer and I applaud anyone for attempting to do something they are not good at because I couldn't. My ass cannot sing. I sound like a cat that got thrown in hot water so I would never attempt to go there. But I think she should stick to modelling because either you have it or you don't and it's not the latter for her. Without the sugarcoating and the appealing image, what else can she possibly give?
.
.
Another appalling singer goes by the name of Lumidee and this is said to be her first single. I have not listened. I am too scared to. Don't really care for her to be honest and she makes Cassie sound like Whitney Houston. Why can't she just go away and choke?

*UPDATE*

I guess curiousity killed the cat because I couldn't help but listen to it and the song is kinda hot *SHOCK HORROR!* and that is only because of Tony Sunshine but I still cannot give it top marks because of Lumidee's presence on the track. Funny though, because she's trying to um, flow. But er, I won't say no more. I'll just let ya'll judge it for yourselves. Will Smith appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show yesterday with his two adoring children:

.
Class act. Will and his youngest son Jaden appear in a movie together so I guess they were promoting.

.
The handsome little fella is going to be such a heartbreaker when he gets older.
.


Aww, look at gorgeous Willow who looks the spitting image of daddy. She's even adopted those massive ears which is a good sign because she is either going to be rich and famous like her parents or she's going to be really intelligent.



It's really no secret that Blu Cantrell and Beyonce dislike one another, all because of one fella. Blu wanted him. Beyonce HAS him. So just as well, Beyonce wasn't there to check her man when Blu turned up at Jay-Z's album release party for Kingdom Come. Miaow!

0 Comments: