AMERIE SLAMS BEYONCE IN NEW MIXTAPE TRACK

Two weeks before Beyonce's new album B'Day dropped, I stated how Sugar Mama and Green Light sounded like Amerie songs especially that Green Light track in which Amerie's former producer Rich Harrison took Amerie's vocal style and interjected it onto Beyonce. My exact words were that she had copied Amerie's swagger. Many of my visitors agreed. Long term visitors of my blog would remember this. At the time it wasn't looking good for Beyonce who was accused of being a serial jacker when she straight jacked Janet Jackson's dance moves (although it was reported to be a Janet tribute because of MTV's boycotting) as well as the copying of Britney's costume for her VMA performance back in August 2006. Well, on one of Amerie's mixtape tracks Because I Love It (the intro), she slams Beyonce for jacking her sound and vocal style. This is the VERY reason why Amerie opted NOT to work with Rich Harrison on her upcoming third album None of The Above because she felt that he was giving her sound to everybody else and ever since he got mainstream recognition for Beyonce's Crazy In Love, he got promoted creating beats for Jennifer Lopez and Toni Braxton. In the track she says:

Six months, and yall done checked my style
Thinkin I was M.I.A., that's wishful thinking child.
It's obvious to see,
Chickens try to bite it,
But they can't cop my delivery.
My style, my aggression on the track,
When yall chicks know yall wasn't singing like that, Yeah!
So let me break it down for ya,
To the ground for ya,
Go and chase that track.
Pay a hundred stack,
But you can't buy my sound,
Can't take my flow,
Can't bag my swag,

Lawd jeebus. The cattiness of it all! She is saying that since it's been a hot minute that she's put out any new music, other singers have jumped onto the bandwagon to cop her sound (although its crystal clear that the song is mainly about Beyonce and nobody else). She then talks about chicks not being able to steal her sound especially when she spits out her aggression on a track, but if it serves me correctly, it was Kelis who was the first to do that. She is also telling Beyonce that she can go after the beats for a raw deal because no matter how much money she spends, she cannot buy her sound or duplicate her. Miaow! Could it be that Amerie is bitter because her albums are no where near as successful as Beyonce's and that Beyonce got all he credit for introducing Rich Harrison when in fact it was Amerie who was the first to work with him? Hmmmm ... Anyway, I only started listening to her mixtape yesterday and thought it was awful. I just didn't get it. Very wrong in so many ways, she's just basically singing over Hip Hop beats and well, it was just lame to me. You can listen to the track by clicking the link below.

Because I Love It (Intro)

0 Comments: