ALBUM REVIEW: THE HIGH ROAD - JOJO

The High Road - Jojo (Album Review)
If I had no idea who Jojo was and there was no visual but yet you were to tell me that this album was sung by a white 15 year old artist, I'd have laughed in your face. Jojo's vocal strength on each and every track is impressive beyond capacity. Finally, a young artist who can actually sing and not just someone who puts out hot beats so to me that's quite refreshing coming from an artist who is still a minor. However, this doesn't stop her from singing about more mature intimate issues (How To Touch A Girl). She's just 15 and she hits those notes in all the right places. She really puts her heart and soul into these ballads (Note to God as a good example) putting some of these black artists to shame. I think by the time she reaches 20, she has what it takes to be a huge star everywhere. I'm talking phenomenal impact. Jojo hooked up with all the hottest R&B producers in the business (Sean Garrett, Ne-yo, Timbaland, Ryan Leslie, etc) to bring you this latest hot offering from her new album. This CD is overwhelmingly great packed with hot R&B club bangers (This Time, The Way You Do Me), midtempo R&B (The High Road, Like That, Good Ol, Let It Rain), acoustic pop ballads (Too Little Too Late, Exceptional), retro-pop (Coming For You) and much more! My standout tracks are This Time, The Way You Do Me, Anything, Good Ol, Let It Rain and Note to God. I love the new album and it's definitely a step up from the last one. Just great!

Rating: 4/5

0 Comments: