MONDAY'S SINGLES REVIEW

Mario Barrett is back as he prepares for the release of his new album which is set to be released 28th November (he'll be going back to back with Fantasia). You've heard the other track of his that I put up earlier last week so here's another and it's official. How Do I Breathe has a very similar laidback vibe to Let Me Love You and that song was just huge so I can understand why this was chosen to be the official first single from his new album Effortless. I guess they are hoping this track will mirror that success. I like this song, it's very chilled back. Very smooth. Very relaxing, just something you can listen to after a day's hard work when you get home all exhausted. So you jump into a nice hot bath with herbal remedies just to wash away the exhaustion and you just listen to this song whilst you chill in the bath and relax. Anyway, to download the song, click the banner.

Don't Wanna Go - Cynthia Lisette [download: full]
I knew this was a Rich Harrison production from the very moment I heard it. This sounds like a straight Amerie song. What a straight jack. Even the vocal arrangement is a straight Amerie jack. The way she sings Oooooh and Naa naaaa naaaa naaaa is EXACTLY how Amerie sings it at the opening of One Thing, and the production is just straight repetitive. She even sounds like Amerie but her vocals are more controlled. I guess she's finally coming out. Those who were regular visitors of my old blog would recognise her when I posted a few of her demo tracks, and she also auditioned to replace Naturi in the girl group 3LW but new girl Jessica got the position instead. Of course I like the song because I love Rich Harrison's production and I will always love him for tracks like Beyonce's monster hit Crazy In Love and Amerie's One Thing, and even though they were both go-go they sounded different. This track on the other hand, does not.

Ice Box - Omarion [download: full]
Damn, his whole album has been leaking sloooowly. This is like the 11th or 12th song to have leaked so far, what's up with that? Anyway, this is a Timbaland production. Tim has been on top of his game lately. Good midtempo R&B is what I like to hear and this is no doubt a nice track. I look forwards to his new album '21' even though I've heard most of it. I have liked every track so far. I think he has definitely departed himself away from the B2K stigma although B2K had some hot joints on their last album Pandemonium but now Omarion has found his own niche and that of course is a good thing.

I Get Joy - Coko [download: full]
I was a huge SWV fan. I still listen to Right Here, Weak, Down Town, Rain On Me, It's Really All About You, On and On, those are some of my SWV classics which were just timeless and still are. Then Coko went solo with her Sunshine album and I wasn't feeling it. The SWV swagger just wasn't there. Maybe she tried to depart herself away from it I don't know but the album wasn't that great. So I was sceptical when I saw this new Coko track sitting in my email and surprisingly I like it. Doesn't make me say wow or anything and vocally, she's not really bringing it but any SWV fan like myself will know she is capable.

0 Comments: