ANGELINA JOLIE AS MARIANE PEARL

Here's a shot of the ever-inspiring Angelina Jolie playing the widow of Daniel Pearl in the movie A Mighty Heart. They are currently in India shooting the movie and Brad Pitt is producing it. They couldn't get Jennifer Beals or Halle Berry to play this role? Hell, even Beyonce. I would love to have seen Beyonce do something more challenging. I personally don't think it's right that Angelina got the role to play a woman of colour just because Brad Pitt has artistic control of the movie. Don't get me wrong, I think Angelina is a great actress but the woman she is playing is a woman of colour and therefore should be played by a woman of colour. Too many black actresses in Hollywood get deprieved because of situations like this. Roles that should go to black actresses end up going to white actresses and that's not right. Spraying bronzer just to look of ethnic descent is a mockery to ethnic minorities in my opinion. I guess they thought she could pass because she has full lips.

0 Comments: