Emily King | East Side Story - Album Sampler


Okay, so on Friday I went to go see Floetry live at Ram's Head in Baltimore, MD and man they were GREAT! They both lost a LOT of weight and Marsha is SKINNY!!!!! I don't think that I like her skinny. I liked her as the big beautiful one of the duo but either way, they both sounded great and put on a great performance!

Anyway, their opening act was this sweet young lady named Emily King. Her and her manager were SO nice and sweet to meet. It was so crazy to just see little ol' Emily wandering about backstage just like the regular people but she was so easy to approach and her music and singing were on point! She' like a mini Teena Marie. I loved every song that she did on stage and her manager was kind enough to provide me with an album sampler. I was asking so many questions to see what the deal was with her album coming out.. iTunes SOMETHING. Yes, I told Emily that whenever her CD gets released on iTunes that I'd be buying it from there because I can save on taxes. My friends said I was being SO ghetto but I couldn't help it and Emily knew where I was coming from! She deserves every fucking penny from whatever she sells because homegirl is that good! Even better she's on J Records and her CD is being produced by Chucky Thompson! Yes good ol Chucky Thompson that hooked up Mary J. & Faith from like 10 years ago, so he's bringing good ol R&B back! So thanks to Emily and her Lovely manager for hooking a brutha up and now I'm spreading the word for you all to look out for home girl and add her to your friend's list on myspace when you get the opportunity!

  • Walk In My Shoes
  • Color Blind
  • U&I
  • Hold Me
  • Ain't No Sunshine

0 Comments: