MY B'DAY!

It's my birthday today, wish yo girl Toya a happy 25th birthday! I received a phone call from my ex-boyfriend bright and early which was quite surprising, just wishing me a happy birthday (boo-boo still got feelings but there are certain issues in my life I need to sort out before I get back into the dating game and to be honest, I've been enjoying the single life lately). I booked the week off work because I NEVER work on my B'Day. And I might be going out with my mate on Friday. But you know I haven't been making much of a big deal over it. As you get older, you no longer want to pull out all the stops. Sometimes, a quite drink or a night out in front of the TV watching a rented movie from Blockbuster is sometimes enough. Those days, when you're stumbling out of the club all drunk, and you break your stiletto's and twist your ankle making yourself look a fool in the process are long gone. Or when you wake up one morning after having a one night stand thinking you were going to bed with Boris Kodjoe but once the alcohol wears off you realise you got the short end of the stick by having sex with a Ne-yo look-alike instead. Not saying I've been there (oh) but you get my drift. And nobody wants to see me drunk because I break mirrors and laugh so fucking loud. I do miss my teenage years though but nevertheless, happy B'day to moi.

0 Comments: