CANDIDS, NEWS & EVENTS!

NEWS & EVENTS

Monica on TRL today. I just want to beg, that's right I'm begging ALL of you who visit my blog to buy her album The Makings of Me tomorrow, because it's brilliant, oh and don't forget to buy Robin Thicke's new album too, out tomorrow as well! (see Monica's performance of A Dozen Roses on the Regis & Kelly show at the end of this post!)

Beyonce and her mother and sister attended Glamorama in Chicago. Rumour has it that Solange is now dating Lil Wayne but I don't believe it and won't believe it until I hear it from the horses mouth or if pictures of them resurface where they are kissing or holding hands. I have learnt not to run with internet gossip these days. There has been too much of it going on lately only for the gossip to be false. But I DO believe her marriage is somewhat in trouble. I've been questioning the state of her marriage to Daniel Smith for quite some time. Solange is always partying and you just never see them together. Besides how is she going to divorce Daniel's fine ass for Lil Wayne who looks like some ugly grease monkey? I just don't get it. And if (and that's a big IF) these rumours are true, it seems that dating ugly rappers runs in the family. Well if Solange doesn't want handsome Daniel, then I'll take him.

Anyway, Beyonce performed at the event.

I had no idea that the president of MTV was a BLACK WOMAN but yet she showed no support or backing for her fellow sista Janet Jackson who needed it most. Recently, she spoke on Janet being blackballed by MTV: "Our audience is not interested in seeing her videos. Justin's album on the other hand is doing very well. He is close to selling 1 million units. And I think that's because he faced the music. He faced the music and unfortunately Janet didn't do that, which is too bad for her." She is beginning to sound like the Condeleeza Rice of music if you ask me. Petition her ass out of that position. She is soooo not deserving of it. Aside from Oprah Winfrey, any black woman who gains an ounce of power, they use it to sting their own just to appease white folks. Yeah, I said it. This news comes courtesy of a female who attended a briefing in Atlanta this weekend by Christina Norman, President of MTV. She went on to talk about how television and cable programming has definitely changed after the Superbowl scandal. Speaking of Superbowl, reports are circulating that Janet is in talks with Timberlake's people to appear together in "some sort of big, live show like the Grammys or the Oscars" as the ultimate publicity stunt. Justin doesn't need to do this because his album is thriving, but if this is true, it just makes Janet look desperate and she could also lose respect but hey, it's her decision. Her album is not doing that great (Alan Jackson will be no1, Janet will be no2 and Justin Timberlake refuses to move at no3) so even though she has gained a respectable chart position her sales aren't really that good for an artist of her caliber. In the UK, she only sold 3,000 copies of 20 Y.0 landing her at a lack luster no63.

Above images: Janet (left) looking classy at her album release party. She actually rides that look better than the manly Grace Jones! In the middle, she chills with the scrawny-looking Paris Hilton, and right, she poses with her scary looking father Joe (had to watch some cartoons on the Nickelodeon/Disney channel just to purify my mind from getting nightmares after looking at his picture). I will put his picture up on my little sisters bedroom door because she was being cheeky to me the other day so when she wakes up and sees his face, she'll get the fright of her life.

Jennifer Lopez and her husband Marc Anthony perform a concert at the Coliseo De Puerto Rico in San Juan. Jennifer looks great, but as for Marc ... just gross. If he was my man my mom would be trying to fatten him up with her cornbread, ackee and saltfish with planting and green banana, curry goat and her home-made carrot juice to wash it all down. But then, I could never put myself with a man who looks like he's on death's door either way. It would be like getting boned by well, a bone.

Candid shots of ex-Spice Girl Mel B and her 7-year old daughter Phoenix Chi at Heathrow airport after departing LA. Lover Eddie Murphy was no where in sight. I take it she's back in the UK visiting her parents. I do know that she's extremely close to her younger sister 26-year-old actress/model Danielle Brown.

Nina Sky go out to dinner in New York two days ago.

~
Ex-B2K member Raz B at Hip Hop Summit with Nick Cannon by his side.
~

PERFORMANCES

Monica performs "A Dozen Roses" live on the Regis & Kelly show.

0 Comments: