THURSDAY'S MEGA R&B SCOOP!

In the comments section, someone demanded that I make an apology for saying that in light of Brandy's car crash accident, we will NOT be seeing a comeback anytime soon. Since her $50 million law suit has been scrapped due to it being unlawful in USA law, I am actually happy to announce that Brandy WILL be having a comeback this year. I have been emailed with the news that Brandy has been working mad hard on her 5th studio album which is allegedly entitled Enter My World. She has supposedly completed three tracks with Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins. The new album also has production from producers Bryan Michael Cox, The Neptunes and Bryce Wilson. So yeah, I do apologise for upsetting folks. Also, I haven't checked my INBOX in WEEKS so if ya'll been writing to me at toyasworld2007@yahoo.com, I promise ya'll I will respond back to everyone's letters before the week is up. So please don't think I have been ignoring ya'll. And I also want to apologise for EVERYONE at Myspace who keeps begging me to log on. I know I haven't logged on in AGES. I have started using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer because I have been having problems with Internet Explorer. And since I've made the change I can NOT log into my Myspace account because there are sooo many folks I need to reply to. Aaagh! I'm trying to get it sorted ya'll so please bear with me. That said, let's get on with this damn R&B scoop.

Our favourite Bajan Queen Rihanna was still living it up on her European and UK tour with The Pussy Cat Dolls. This week, I posted pictures whilst she was doing a gig in Ireland and then earlier this week, she did a gig in the UK where she played at Sheffield's Hallam FM Arena. The scantily-dressed singer who loves to venture into an opened leg routine opened the show, shaking her booty to tracks from her latest album A Girl Like Me including hit singles such as Unfaithful, Pon Da Replay and SOS. It was a promising start to the evening as the Barbados-born R&B princess wowed the crowd – the majority of pre-pubescent girls with their mothers in tow but it was reported to be a great show. And well, at least she shaves. Check out the pictures from the gig below:




During her stay in the UK, Rihanna has been acting Mariahesque and went into a right diva's parade when she threw a fit at Nottingham's Oceana club after playing Hallam FM Arena. According to the Daily Mirror in London, the R&B singer demanded the VIP section be cleared and ordered champagne and burgers. Oceana deputy manager Barry James told the Mirror: "Rihanna was an absolute nightmare. They wouldn't let anybody within about 5 feet of her. Then she demanded burgers for all 17 of her entourage and when we explained we weren't a burger bar she sent someone out to McDonald's. Rihanna and her people also expected free Dom Perignon champagne and vodka all night. In the end, we had to ask them to leave if they weren't going to buy any drinks at all - at which point they dipped in their pockets". Well, since she's touring all over the world and has become a global superstar, I guess no one can argue with her for acting the part. Still, she's no where NEAR as bad as Mariah, Whitney and Jennifer Lopez, but she is still in training ya'll! Proceed with the post to see fab new R&B appearances from Mya and her new lip ring, Cassie, Amerie, Kelly Rowland Debra Cox, Michelle Williams, Mary J Blige, Lloyd, Justin Timberlake and many more.

Last night, Justin Timberlake played a "FutureSex/LoveShow 2007" gig at Madison Square Garden and I'm told he rocked the house DOWN. I know I show a lot of disdain for this guy but everybody who has seen him in concert says that this white boy can put on one HELL of a show. My friend went to see him on his Justified tour a couple of years ago and she said the show was fantastic. I also read somewhere that tickets for his shows are ranging from $54 dollars at the minimum. Say what? Who do he think he is? Michael Jackson? Prince? Only those folks should be able to get away with selling ticks at THAT price. Blah! I'd rather buy myself a pair of nice boots. Unless someone offered to pay for me, I would gladly go and see a JT concert. His music is hot. But hey, some would argue that for the quality and stamina he puts into his shows, the money is well worth it.




The crowd consisted of an audience in their twenties and early thirties and with his hot CD selling to gigantic masses, the show was said to be just as futuristic.

Last night, Mya attended the Universal Motown Cocktail Party in the Moet & Chandon Lounge at Fashion Week and looked really different. Oh wait, she was sporting a brand new lip ring. I haven't seen anyone rocking one in a hot minute these days, but it was good to see Mya out and about.




She was also accompanied by that troll R&B singer Lloyd. LOL! If this is not the weirdest and funniest looking dude I've seen in a long while. In other Mya news, according to Rap-up.com, Mya has pushed back her album Liberation for the MILLIONTH, ZILLIONTH, BILLIONTH time. The album will no longer drop on 8th May but now the date has been changed to 28th June 2007. Is it pretty much safe to say that Mya is undergoing some bad management issues. She really is disappointing the fans. What a complete let-down, YET AGAIN.

Gorgeous Cassie looked fresh-faced and youthful when she attended a Cherry Coke event which celebrated the new Can designed by Rocawear and Jay-Z:



R&B singer Deborah Cox also graced the event with her presence. Other celebrities that attended the event were Jay-Z, Nick Cannon, amongst others.

Hip Hop/R&B queen Mary J Blige attended the Daddy's Little Girls premiere and looked nice for a change. I am really glad that Mary decided to tone down the blonde. Now someone pass the memo to Kelis please.




She looked really happy. I guess as this Sunday's Grammy Awards is coming up and she lead with the most Grammy nods, I'd say Mary had quite a lot to be happy about. Other celebrities included Gabrielle Union, Brian J White, Tisha Campbell, amongst others.

Last night, Michelle Williams attended the Vivienne Tam Fashion show and looked absolutely beautiful. Why couldn't this chick look this good during her stint in Destiny's Child? The chick really has come a long way.




Though I wasn't really feeling her ensemble here but she's improved a lot. You go hot mami! You go!

And yet another ex-Destiny's Child chick seen spotted yet again. Kelly Rowland has been everywhere lately and also enjoyed the show during fashion week. I absolutely love her dress but the hair, man, the hair was looking a little too horsy for my liking:




But you know, apart from that, same ole same ole.

Last night, R&B songstress Amerie made her first public appearance of 2007 when she attended the Wilhelmina Models and VH1 Launch New Reality Series "The Agency":


She looked really pretty, but what's going on with her album lately?

0 Comments: