TYRA RECREATES HER SPORTS ILLUSTRATED COVER

Black history month is here and as former supermodel Tyra Banks was the first black woman to do the Sports Illustrated cover exactly 10 years ago, she decided to use this very opportunity to celebrate herself by recreating that very same cover:



With the backlash beginning to turn towards size zero models and in light of the media calling Tyra a "fat ass" it seems she has taken their comments to heart. A couple of months ago "fat" pictures of Tyra in a swimsuit were plastered all over the Internet. Tyra went out of her way to put on the VERY same all-in-one swimsuit just to prove that the pictures were *cough* not real. First she says that she thought the photos of her looking larger were beautiful and that her shape is beautiful, but then she goes to the extreme to show that's not the way she really looks. I think that Tyra is just using black history month as a vehicle to prove she could fit the same bikini that she wore 10 years ago. C'mon, someone was BLATANTLY dabbling with the photoshop because if she's supposed to be 20lbs heavier there is no way the bikini would fit like this. She really needs to let this go. She's not making anyone feel better about themselves by going at the tabloids like this. Tyra is a beautiful woman when she was years lighter and even more beautiful now that she's years heavier. What message is she sending out to young girls by trying to prove that her body is not grotesque? I feel VERY strongly about the weight issue because for the past 10 years I've had issues with MY weight. I've been mad skinny, chunky, slim again and my weight has fluctuated over the years. I've had eating disorders and a love/hate relationship with food. I've been through it. I've had an obsession with working out and would physically penetrate by body into the ground by working out 4-5 hours a day. Though as I'm older, I've grown out of that phase obviously and love myself wholeheartedly. Tyra is obviously upset that people are calling her fat. I think she should embrace her curves and let it go because her actions are saying otherwise. There is no need to try and convince us that she's still hot. We KNOW you're still hot Tyra, regardless.

0 Comments: