WEEKEND R&B CRUMMIES ....

So another day goes by where I find myself apologising for not updating yesterday. Usually, I would try to do a big update to make up for what I missed on the day I didn't blog. Still, not having my own computer is really hard but my sister has been great and has let me use hers at every opportunity possible. I'm really excited because I will have my new computer by next month which means I'll be able to update consistently. So far so good! Tonight, I am going to the movies to watch Leonardo DiCaprio's new movie Black Diamond with my friend Shantell. I still haven't seen Smokin' Aces so next week I am going to check it. I fear I may not like it because in all the reviews I read, they are comparing it to Pulp Fiction and I didn't like Pulp Fiction. But when I do find myself watching this movie it would be to see how my girl Alicia Keys did in her role. Dreamgirls only opened yesterday in the UK so tomorrow, I may go see that with my sister. All in all though, everything's been great and big things are coming up. My graduation ceremony is next week Wednesday and I still haven't sorted out my gown. Truth is, I've been pondering for WEEKS as to whether I should go or not. My attitude was, I studied mad hard for my paper and now that the hard bit is over, why should I care about anything else? Well, when I told my mom of my decision she hit the roof. She was like: "You are going" because I guess it would be like one of those momento's which you should obtain to show that you actually achieved something. Well, I have the certificate to prove that but since my mom wants me to go for the photo op so that she can hang it on her living room wall and proudly tell all her visitors that her daughter and oldest child has graduated from university. I get quesy about seeing all of my pictures all over her living room wall though but I guess I am going to try and sort this out. Anyway, enough about my boring life. Let's get to the R&B goss.

As I was talking about my girl Alicia Keys, yesterday she was spotted backstage at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2007 giving Britney Spears the dagger glare:

Pictures can only paint a thousand words to a certain extent but I'd loved to have been a mind reader on that occassion. LOL!

Ciara did a photoshoot for Vibe Vixen not too long ago and here are the outtakes. I posted the magazine cover a while back I think when she graced the front cover. I have to add that these pictures are nice. Really nice:



They are different from the norm and have more of a natural vibe which is what I like about them. Actually, over the past couple of weeks, all of her photoshoots have been really nice.

Last week, she also attended Denver/Memphis game with her pal Lala:

You know Ciara is never one to miss out on her games. She is obviously a big fan.

Jennifer Lopez looks absolutely beautiful in her photoshoot for her Spanish album - "Como Ama Una Mujer". This is what you call pluck-your-eyes-out kind of beautiful, the kind of beautiful that you just can’t believe you are seeing or that your eyes are allowing you to see so you pluck your eyes just to check that what you are seeing is real:


The top picture is absolutely fierce. You know that when Diddy/Puffy ever feasts his eyes on these pictures he'd be telling himself, hmmm, I once had this. Jennifer hasn't looked this good from since her Puffy and Selena days. I know it's a photoshoot and they allow for airbrushing and stuff like that but I am so in awe by these pictures and how beautiful she looks. Absolutely sensational.
.
Jennifer Hudson has been the queen of the magazine covers lately. Is she taking Beyonce's crown? I mean, Dreamgirls has been recieving heavy promotion as of late and even though Beyonce did get a couple of covers, Jennifer seems to be getting A LOT. She is on the front cover of Giant AND Essence:


I am pleased that a black woman who isn't savvy to the white man's standard of beauty is getting lots of shine. Not just receiving urban love of course but love from the mainstream outlets as well which is nice. Who said you had to be light skinned with long blonde hair flowing down your back like some kind of tanned Rapunzal? You don't have to look white these days to become successful. It's all about the talent and image is now the bonus.

Mary J Blige is also on the cover of the new Vibe Collector's Edition and looks nice unlike the Vibe cover that she received back in 2005:
.


I bet you she likes this one and had no complaints. No bald headed star-trek type of forehead here folks. Thank jeebus because unlike her outburst at the 2005 Vibe Awards two years ago when she publicly called out then-editor Mimi Valdez who got the sack last year, we wouldn’t want the new editor to lose their job now will we?

Fergie found herself performing in Miami's Dolphin Stadium at the Super Bowl XLI - Pepsi Smash. There she sang duets with John Legend, Ludacris and Will.i.am. For those that are interested, the concert will air TODAY on VH-1:






At the event, she wanted to set the record straight that she and her boyfriend, Las Vegas star Josh Duhamel, are not engaged. And neither is she with child because these are the rumours that has been spreading recently. Well thank goodness for that. We don't need any more meth-faced brats to look at and what a ghastly sight Fergie subjects us to these days. Though at the event, she did make the announcement that boyfy will join her for the weekend in South Florida, and they will compete in a celebrity go-cart race today at the American Airlines Arena. It's a big race for Duhamel, who won last year. "I want to see if I can maybe beat him," she said. [SOURCE]
.
In other Fergie news, she is set to be the new face of Candy shoes and has partnered with Candie's footwear, apparel and accessories in a deal for a spring ad campaign. A TV commercial will break on the Grammy's on Feb. 11 in select markets. Fergie Ferg will make personal appearances on behalf of the brand as well as participate in campaign launch events. Previous Candie's reps include Destiny's Child. [SOURCE] And in the other WHO CARES news, the chick will be touring in May to support her latest album The Dutchess. Well, the only type of candy she can give us is foot candy because eye candy she certainly isn't.

Speaking of Destiny's Child, ex-DCer Michelle Williams was spotted out and about in West Hollywood, California, 31 Jan 2007 and shockingly she looked kinda hot, which in shocking circumstances I actually find myself surprised at hearing myself say this. Last year this woman looked anorexic-Nicole Richie kind of skinny, she looked old and drivelled up like a dried prune. She looked tired and haggard and barely there. So it was a nice change to see her looking healthy and glowing. Chick is eating well it seems. She is still ultra slim but her body is fantastic and she is in great shape:


.
Though one would ask, if you were shopping or walking about in a car park, why would you stop and pose for the camera's? I guess she was just happy that the paparazzi felt she was famous enough to photograph. Hmmmmkay, whatever.

Michelle was also looking nice at Shaq's Dinner Event for the Super Bowl XLI:


.
As nice as she looked I still have a hard time believing that this chick is just 26 years old though. Try 36 instead. And folks want to say Beyonce lied about her age despite the tonnes of hardcore evidence that suggest otherwise. Hell, at least Beyonce looks her age (to me) but I put Michelle's lack of luck with youth all down to the hard life.
.
For the life of me, WTF is going on with Joss Stone looking like she's trying to throw Diana Ross out of her title for dodgy big hair syndrome:


.
Joss Stone performed in HOLLYWOOD this week. She was singing tracks from her upcoming new album Introducing Joss Stone and here is the cover art for the new album:

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Complete duplication of the Kaleidoscope album cover by Kelis. Am I feeling it? Can't really say that I am but I DO love the chick's music and cannot wait for her new album to drop. Her music is refreshing and for a white girl she has some soul. But Pink, Kiley Dean and Chrissy Aguilera has more soul, so just imagine my disappointment when she ditched the R&B to go the rock/pop route. Take Me Home was a banging album and to this day, I still play it, but I understand it wasn't WHO she was and not what she wanted to do. LA Reid figured this white chick had soul so her voice was pretty fitting for the music he wanted her to do. I guess she just went along with it because it was her first album and she wanted to latch onto her deal so she can change her direction once she becomes successful. You know most artists don't have much artistic control when it comes to their first album so they practically do whatever their management tells them to do. I still dig Pink’s music. It's what I'd call anger-relief music because when you've had an argument with someone and you want to punch somebody, you just listen to a Pink CD.

And since we're on the topic of Pink:

.
Alongside Eve, Pink attended Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2007 - Miss Sixty. Call me crazy but I actually dig Eve's dress. I think I would seriously rock this and it has just the right ingredients to turn heads but heads on with the weave was a heads-on not. A weave is simply NOT a good weave when you can actually tell it's a weave. Booooy.
.
More hair disasters were brewing once more when Prince performed at the Super Bowl XLI - Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show Press Conference:



I HATE seeing a black man with chemical processors. He's not the first and certainly won't be the last but to me that is such a complete turn off, but judging by the outfit, I guess Prince is always one to look on the bright side.
.
R&B Crumbs
.
1. A buzz track from Ne-yo has been buzzing around the Net called Because of You. For legal reasons I will NOT be posting it because this is the VERY track that got some sites shut down. But when I downloaded it and listened, I thought that it sounded like a Michael Jackson classic. Then I read somewhere that it did sample one of MJ's old hits but it was not certain as to which one. I am thinking, if this is the sound Ne-yo is going with for the new album then I can not wait. His debut album is fantastic. I may not be able to stand looking at his fug-ass but his music is BANGING. He is currently working on a new track called Leaving Tonight. This is a duet with Bajan queen Rihanna and he even hnted that this could be a future single from his upcoming new album.
2. Jennifer Hudson will start recording her new album in March, so we may get to hear new music late 2007/2008 and after her powerhouse vocal displays as of late, you know the album is going to be our modern-day Whitney zone. Can't wait!
.
Stay tuned!

0 Comments: