MONDAY'S FAB R&B CRUMBS ...

So over the weekend, I ended up watching Dreamgirls with my girl pal and decided I would watch Smokin' Aces and Black Diamond at a later date. The movie wasn't bad but not all that overwhelming either. The music brought the film to light as the power of song was used to tell the story. My favourite part of the movie would be when Effie (Jennifer Hudson) belted the HELL out of And I'm Not Telling You in her last ditch attempt to win back Curtis (Jamie Foxx) after he had ditched her for Deena (Beyonce). But whenever the musical scenes would stop, the movie would simply fall flat and come to a standstill. Jennifer Hudson clearly stole the show and Beyonce is by no means an actress but by now I think we have all gathered that. There were some laughs along the way in Eddie Murphy's character. As much as I hate to admit it, he DID make me laugh on several occassions. The costumes were also stunning and you practically drowned in the music. Again, the movie was decent for a low-budget offering. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it again or anything but for what it was worth, it provided high value entertainment.

Also, I got good news for all of you R&B heads who keep complaining about my site taking ages to load. I FINALLY learnt how to put my blog entries into a separate post so that my site will take a lot quicker to load instead of trying to put hundreds of pictures onto one page. It's not a feature that comes with blogger. There were certain stuff I needed to do with my template but I did my research and so, if you click on the link at the very bottom of this post, you will be able to read the rest of this post. Today's R&B feature includes Rihanna, Kelis, Alicia Keys, Kelly Rowland, Beyonce and Solange Knowles, Ashanti, Cassie, Fergie, Jennifer Hudson, Jennifer Lopez and Eve so check it out!

Bajan R&B queen Rihanna performed in Ireland over the weekend at Dublin's Point Theatre and her earrings were bigger than her stage performances. I honestly don't know how she managed to dance with the massive earrings though but the hot-pants wearing singer gave her Irish fans a real treat:





Before the gig, she was also spotted at Lillie's Bordello in Dublin. From the knees up though, she made sure to wrap up warm but I know her legs must have been freezing cold. Over in Ireland and other parts of Europe, temperatures are now at nought degrees.

R&B songstress Ashanti attended the Tadashi Fall Fashion Show over the weekend and the chick looked absolutely amazing. Whatever Nelly is doing to her, he's doing it good. Ashanti has amazing skin to die for:





Yep, the chick was definetely glowing.

R&B chicks Alicia Keys and Kelly Rowland both hung out together when they attended the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall. Both girls looked great and seemed to be enjoying each others company. Kelly has flourished a lot lately:






I suppose they were bonding about how 2007 will be a busy year for them both especially since they'll both be releasing album around the same time but it should be pretty interesting. Let the battling commence.

Cassie was also at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and looked mad cute. I know I know I keep going on about how cute her hair colour is and how it suits her and everything. My problem is that since nearly every R&B chick has transitioned to the lighter shade in some era of their career, I guess she looks pretty generic now no matter how cute it looks on her. Oh well.





Backstage, she also hung out with Eve who also looked mad cute for a change. The hair, though could have looked a lot better, it certainly looked much more appealing than usual. Two more fab chicks that were definetely kicking it.

Now Fergie looked like she was on some crack-bender that occurred STRAIGHT before these pictures were taken when she attended and performed at the Maxim Magazine's Super Bowl XLI Party. I think she sniffed it but tried to hide what she'd gotten up to by posing it up for the camera's and the other celebs. Seriously, with a face like that, chick must have problems. You know what they say about "former" drug addicts. Even if they've been clean for a certain amount of time, they always get these "urges" to go back to the pits of drug-hell.





It's sad really because she was really pretty during her Wild Orchid days. She also attended the Super Bowl XLI - Cadillac Celebrity Go-Kart Race in support of her fella.

Yesterday, Jennifer Hudson attended the 59th Annual Directors Guild of America Awards:




I see her stylist finally got it right in knowing how to coordinate especially since it's really important that bigger girls are fitted with dresses that actually accentuate her curves perfectly. And I must be seeing thangs, but is the chick actually wearing nail polish? I guess somebody really has been schooling homegirl.

Jennifer Lopez and her husband Marc Anthony did a concert in Miami over the weekend and decided to use this event as the ultimate opportunity to show the world that they are still VERY much in love:



So I suppose she's no longer in the running for the Elizabeth Taylor title then? Aww shame! Anyway in more J.LO news Swizz Beatz have confirmed the titles of TWO new tracks that will make Jenny's new English album which is expected to be released later this year. They are "Still From Da Block" and "Skip The Blues (Not Me)".

Anywho, Kelis looked like the ultimate train wreck when she attended Tracy Reese show. I've stated from day one that the blonde looks disgusting and I still stand by those words. Honest. Her friends must not be true friends if they continually allow her to walk around like this and not say anything:


Hot mess as usual. What's new. She seriously needs to go back to black because this look is so unfitting.

Christina Aguilera was seen out and about in LA and looked great. I love how the lipstick matches her shoes. Cute:



Maybe I should try this look. Not that colour of course. It's too bright but accessorising my make-up to match my outfits, clothes, etc.

Lastly, but certainly not least, here is Beyonce in her GOT MILK ad which sees her accompanied her little sis Solange.




That hair is NOT a good look on Solange either.

R&B Crumbs

More on the Beyonce front. According to http://rhfilms.com, Ray Kay is shooting Beyonce's new video "Freakum Dress" in NYC with legendary choreographer Frank Gatson. Get Me Bodied was shot last week. Word has it that Beyonce is shooting a video for EVERY song on the album as part of her DVD release or a DVD that will be added to the re-release of latest album B'Day.

Stay tuned for more R&B crumbs!

0 Comments: