THIS WEEK'S AMERICAN IDOL

Now that Hollywood round is now out of the way and we have no more hilarious auditions to make us lose control of our bladders, the contestants were wittled down to the final 24. This week we saw FOUR of those contestants get knocked out. Their dreams dashed away like it were nothing. However, nobody said it was going to be easy and this is a daunting process which is to take place each week until we have our final 12. Then those final 12 will perform in front a massive live audience until one contestant gets picked off each week where we start to get closer to our American Idol winner. Each week, I'll be serialing the American Idol performances as to who were my favourites of the show, starting with ....



Lakisha, baby! This chick blew the muthafuckin' house down with her rendition of And I'm Not Telling You - the very song that got Jennifer Hudson her accolades as Effie in Dreamgirls. Sadly, she may not win the competition because she'll end up being another Mandisa but I do feel she'll go far in the competition. She has a great singing voice but she is boring with no personality. With a voice like that, it makes you wonder why she doesn't have a record deal already. Chills down your spine and the hairs on your neck stiffly stand up when you listen to her sang - not sing, SANG. Absolutely fantastic. But she needs some serious work on her weaves/make-up. Hopefully, all that will change as her popularity begins to soar throughout the coming weeks.
.

Stephanie
was pretty refreshing when she belted Alicia Key's How Come You Don't Call Me. I love that song and I kept silently praying that she wouldn't fuck up my song and she didn't. In fact, she nailed it:




I thought that when she went down on her knees it was a bit over the top but apart from that, great performance!

Sabrina is a personal favourite of mine. She rocked the house doooown and I feel she could be the underdog in this competition. If she doesn't make the final 12, I'll be shocked but she will need to remain consistent EACH WEEK if she's to win those votes that will take her further to the bigger rounds:



If she starts to falter and picks the wrong songs she could end up in trouble. I would love for her to sing a ballad at some point but the uptempo track was just perfect. It suited her.

This chick use to sing back up and she was VERY good:



Back up no more as this chick is now a solo forefront singer who will also go far. Fab voice. Fab performance.

Jordin is NOT a favourite of mine but I did like her helluva lot better than most of the chicks that performed. I think she has a nice tone to her voice once controlled but nothing about her sparks. Even if she gets cut, she is only 17. There will be many other opportunities but her performance didn't really wow me as much as it did the judges:



She was just OK. I think they made a MAJOR mistake when they told her no song is too big for her. That is one hell of compliment that she is now put under pressure to live up to. Now she'll be under HUGE pressure to nail those massive Aretha/Mariah/Whitney type numbers. To me bad advice. They really are setting her up for downfall I dread to say.

Now let's get onto the fella's. They were BORING as HELL to me. Infact, only few stood out and here's who:



This guy is a Justin Timberlake wannabe. He have a similar look about him and they sing in a similar style but I like this dude. His performance was decent and he will definetely get the young girl vote.

I liked Brandon's rendition of Michael Jackson's Rock With You. It may be a little predicatble, a little safe, as some of the judges stated, but he has a nice voice and sounded much better than most of the fella's who were absolutely appalling:



I hope he cuts off his afro if he makes it to the live audience rounds. He'd look so much better without it.

Lawd hammercy, this fine ass motherfucker can serenade me with some Brian McKnight any day of the week. I just found my VERY reason to tune into American Idol. Jared can get it with his fiiiine ass:



Sexy sexy sexy! Even Simon said he looks good. Simon knows DAMN WELL. Yum yum yum. He is cute as fuck, can sing and well, he fine. LOL! Randy said he didn't like the arrangement of the song towards the end but I thought he did a nice job. Safe performance but I would love to see him do an uptempo track next week.

Now during the RESULTS show came the BIGGEST shocker when toilet girl Antonella MADE it through when it SHOULD have been her ass that went home on Thursday night:



The girl sounded like shit. Even when it was announced that Antonella was safe, she herself sighed in shock because she knew her ass sucked donkey balls. How she got this far I'll never know but she'll be going home next week, mark my words.

Check out her toilet moment:



Shame shame shame.

Anyway, on that VERY same show season 3 winner Fantasia performed a track from The Color Purple broadway which she will be starring in. She KILLED that performance and got a standing O from all the judges. I am just glad she didn't perform Hood Boy. Lawd.

It was also announced that Diana Ross, Jon Bon Jovi, Jennifer Lopez, Gwen Stefani, Tony Bennett, Martina McBride, Herman's Hermits, and Berry Gibb will all be guest judges. Jennifer Lopez? Are they fucking serious? That's like taking vocal lessons from Lumidee. I seriously cannot WAIT for her week. I just don't get the logic in having someone who can NOT sing giving others advice on how to um, sing. LOL! And like how guest judges give them vocal lessons before they perform, this is going to be a damn joke. Don't get me wrong. I love J.Lo. I think her music is crunk and she puts out hot beats but A.I has just lost credibilty on that one alone. Jennifer is set to appear on the popular talent show on April 11, according to US TV show Access Hollywood. J.Lo will follow in the footsteps of Prince, Mary J. Blige, Toni Braxton and Shakira, who have all taken to the 'American Idol' stage.

0 Comments: