Beyoncé scores second week at #1 with ❝Break My Soul❞ on Billboard Hot 100...

With a little boost from seven alternate remixes (including the one with Madonna), Beyoncé's 'Break My Soul' is officially #1 on this week's Billboard Hot 100 chart for a second week. 

Add to the fact that despite all the remixes, this was still achieved without the aid of a music video or a single performance. Basically, zero promo. It is one of those songs that gets stuck in your head so much you may have to beat it against a brick wall to free your mind from it. Her album 'Renaissance' has however dropped to #3 on the Billboard 200 chart, but the album has done its job. Bey can relax a little until she's ready to announce her next stadium tour, because, well, you know the rush to get tickets is going to be one tsunami of an event!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

The fact that Beyonce needs to pull out all of the stunts to get that #1 tells me
All I need to know.

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to be shady but I think Columbia Records execs are pissed because they wanted Chloe Bailey to release her album 1st! Chloe had 2 live performances & 3 videos released & no album to show for it!

Like Toya said, Break My Soul went #1 with NO VIDEO YET! The Renaissance album went #1 with ZERO promotion. Meaning, they haven't spent a dime on Beyoncè yet, so they're NOT in the RED on the Renaissance era!