CRAIG DAVID: DISCUSSES RECORDING IN CUBA & PREVIEWS NEW ALBUM TRACK....

After listening to Craig's new single "Let's Dance", it's beginning to dawn on me that the song is pretty weak compared to what he is capable of (Previous lead single ALL THE WAY was absolute FIYAH). I guess I tried to force myself to like it since I'm a hardcore CD fan but there's no liking something if it's not hot or doesn't capture the ear instantly. Here is a clip of Craig in Cuba recording his new album:


When DJ Twin B played the track on 1Xtra on Saturday, he stated that the song is not representative of the album, almost as if he was making a plea to the audience not to write off the album. THAT is NOT a good look. The first single is suppose to generate hype for the album and this isn't the right direction. I'm hardcore so I am still hyped but what about those who are non-CD fans or the importance of winning over new fans? It's believed this is the first single but now I am hoping this is just a buzz track. Anyway, Craig talks about the sound of the album and how it will have a lot of live instrumentation. The snippet at the end sounds really nice. The new album is being released in November but a tentative release date has yet to be announced.

0 Comments: