THE OFFICIAL MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS BLOG ENTRY: PERFORMANCES ADDED.....

So now that I watched all the performances and posted all the pictures that I need, I can progress with my VMA report. And I have to add that the show was a hot shitty mess. Folks at MTV are on queue to pick up their resumes because I can see a lot of sackings taking place after last night's disaster. The show absolutely SUCKED ASS! Worse Awards show in recent years. Ya'll know the folks over at BET were raising clenched fists in sheer victory at the catastrophe that the VMA's was last night. When the BET Awards is shitting on you, something is definitely wrong. But what was suppose to be Britney's explosive comeback just crumbled before our very eyes:



I am still reeling from shock at the wackness of her performance. I was so frustrated that my eyes started to itch. The performance was drier than her weave and outfit put together. I also peeped the very beginning when she took a stumble and looked like she forgot her choreography. She was totally out of it, like she had lost all consciousness of her surroundings for that very moment. And the choreography was the worst EVER! All she did was flap her arms and strut across the stage here and there. She was stiffer than an erected penis. She looked lost and confused and VERY frightened, as if she didn't even want to be there. She totally lacked confidence. The fierceness, the attitude, the fluidity, the boldness and the audacity that has become very consistent in her previous VMA performances could nowhere be seen.

I just don't know what went wrong. I don't think Britney was quite ready to perform in front of a large crowd especially on an international Award Show like the VMA's. It is more transparent than a glass window that the chick is still mentally unstable. Plus, I don't even understand why she would wear an outfit like that when her body is still out of shape. Her gut was swinging here and there and was more noticeable as she crouched downwards. Her body will NEVER look the way it did during her Slave 4 U moment. So she should NEVER have rocked that outfit. And why is she so obsessed with fishnets anyway? But I had to laugh loud as hell when MTV panned to Diddy and 50 Cent. Did ya'll see the look on their faces? Absolutely PRICELESS!!!!!

And then they panned to Rihanna and her girl who were also laughing their asses off. Ah, poor Britney. The whole thing was just painful, but the faces of the audience was absolutely unforgettable. This was certainly not the comeback that was anticipated. MTV are real messy for that and they should NEVER have hyped up Britney's performance the way they did because she failed to deliver in every way possible. Gimme More is still my song but I have my work cut out in trying to block out that appalling performance out of my mind every time I hear the track. Her video had better be hot otherwise it's a done deal. Damn.


Alicia performed her new single "No One" before proceeding into her rendition of "Freedom":



I enjoyed her performance. I am not going to front though. Her vocals were still a little scratchy last night, but I dig the song anyway so it didn't matter that much to me. She still did her thang. But she is THICK as hell. She should never have worn that outfit. I didn't quite understand it. It looked like Diddy was trying to reach out to touch her. And the camera sure was having one wail of a time with those backshots.

Justin Timberlake, Nelly Furtado, Timbaland and Keri Hilson also closed off the show with a medley of their latest hits:



.... whilst Nicole Scherzinger totally sucked in her performance of Whatever You Like during the Pre-show. And why was she performing with Lil Wayne? Isn't T.I the one on the track?

However, my boy Chris Brown did PROPER good. In fact, his performance was PURE FIYAH, and quite the contrary, I would say the most memorable performance of the night. That boy has some serious skills. Usher aint touching him I'm sorry. Chris performed Wall to Wall, before Rihanna joined him on stage to perform a bit of her monster hit "Umbrella:"



Now her appearance was quite random. Whilst she gets MAJOR props for singing LIVE and sounding pretty decent, I didn't get why she'd cut into Chris's performance if they weren't going to sing the Umbrella/Cinderella remix. Chris went into his usual Michael Jackson routine with Billie Jean before doing a very short breakdown to his latest new single Kiss Kiss. I am totally feeling the track now. It is actually hot.

Rihanna also performed Shut Up & Drive:



She did good.

And Justin showed off his Award for "Quadruple Threat" at the MTV Video Music Awards press room:



The Grammy Award-winning recording artist was honored for his work as a singer, actor and restaurateur. He also has his own clothing line.

Well anyway, here are all your R&B arrivals:



Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys and her man Kerry, Kerry Hilson and Shar Jackson all graced the red carpet. No, Shar isn't a singer but I had to throw her in there for emphasis. She must have had a field day at Britney's performance. I know chick is still bitter that Britney snagged and married her man when she was 7 months preggers.

I don't care for Lil Mama, but the Bow-Wow in drag look-a-like was REALLY making a statement with her ridiculous outfit:



Putting black folks to shame. What a joke. Mel B and her hubby graced the event with their presence in the matched white outfits. Who cares if she might be a bit psycho-ish. She definitely shone that night with hers.

Rihanna won her award for "Best Video", and Beyonce won hers for "Earth Shattering Collaboration of the Year" - that would be for Beautiful Liar featuring Shakira:



They both looked nice. I can't understand why 50 didn't want Beyonce to kiss him. Isn't that EVERY man's dream? What a prick!!!!

Beyonce also chilled with her lil sister Solange:




I liked Beyonce's dress and her hair was lovely. Somebody in her camp must read Toya's World regarding the lace-font criticisms.

Ashanti looked cute as well:



Hot dress.

Two women who stayed by their man's side was Tameka "Tiny" Cotter from R&B group Xscape who stuck by T.I and Paula Patton with her R&B singer hubby Robin Thicke:



Any woman who wants T.I has one hell of a fight on their hands if they think they can get T.I to leave. This man is stuck like glue. T.I is Tiny's man and she is making that WELL KNOWN.

Alicia rocked the Lara Croft-Dominatrix look during her red carpet moment:



Hmmmmm, I am not exactly sure how I feel about this look though. It's quite unusual for Alicia.

As already known, I hate that blonde on Nelly Furtado:



Again, she needs to dust herself off and try again.

Sorry Marcus, but that blonde weave needs to go, but on a positive note, Mary does have quite a nice shape:



A picture paints a thousand words and you are gay Ne-yo.

More Rihanna. She is wearing one HELL of a push-up bra, but the cleavage was looking nice:



Love her swagger.

Chris, I see you! As reported, Chris definitely had the best performance that night. Loved it, and I love him:



He needs to perform for me one day with his fine ass.

Wow that dress is super ugly. What the the hell was Nicole Scherzinger thinking with this ugly get-up?:



It's a shame because she is really pretty. Anyway, that's my VMA report. Now go check out the performances below if you didn't catch the chow!

CHRIS BROWN & RIHANNA: WALL TO WALL, UMBRELLA, KISS KISS



ALICIA KEYS: NO ONE, FREEDOM



RIHANNA: SHUT UP & DRIVE




NICOLE SCHERZINGER: WHATEVER YOU LIKE



BRITNEY SPEARS: GIMME MORE



NELLY FURTADO: DO IT, TIMBALAND & KERI HILSON: MEDLEY, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE: LOVESTONE

0 Comments: