TUESDAY R&B GRIND!!!

So it's the second day of 2007 and everything is resuming back to normal now but the holiday was nice whilst it lasted. Last year was in deed very stressful but I think this year will also be just as busy as I strive to accomplish certain goals. The book being one of them amongst other things. But there will be no such thing as a rest day. There will be a lot of important changes going on in my life but I think 2007 is going to be crazy, in a good way! I haven't made any new years resolutions because well, I am absolutely useless at sticking to them so what I will say is that I will work really hard to achieve all my goals and be a lot more organised. And another thing, I have been so reckless with my spending so I really need to curb that out but otherwise, everything should go really well I hope. My life still isn't complete as I don't have a man right now but sometimes, when you've been messed around with, when you've been hurt, you tend to put a shield around your heart and not let anybody in because you're scared that you'll get hurt again. But I do miss having that stability in my life and after about a year, I strive to have it back again. As they say it's better to have loved and lossed than not to have loved at all. So lets resume to the norm and get to the goss:

Rihanna looked mighty sensational when she performed SOS on Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve yesterday afternoon:



I downloaded the footage from Ultimate Rihanna and could not believe she had the audacity to try and dance in that teeny-weeny itsy bitsy dress. I was actually fearing for her but amazingly, she still managed to preserve her class by not flashing despite the camera filming her from southern angle. Oh, and she looked really pretty, though I will admit she has really come into her own with the performances lately. I still don't consider her to be a fluent dancer but she has definitely improved with confidence. Last week, I mentioned a track which is rumoured to be her official first single to be taken from her new album. Well, according to unconfirmed sources, the track WILL be the first single and it features rapper T.I. [SOURCE] Sounds like a hot one already but once its made official, you can definitely read all about it here!

On Monday, Ciara performed at the MTV Goes Gold: New Year's Eve 2007 Live at MTV's Times Square Studios (22) in New York City:




Interesting outfit especially the black military-style ensemble but Cici always puts her all into her performances so it doesn't really matter what she wears. She can most definitely get away with it in my honest opinion. Pussy Cat Dolls and Timbaland also performed:




So did the Peas:




What is going on with Fergie's face? The chick just isn't going to age well. Just say NO! to drugs.
.
Meanwhile, Christina Aguilera performed at Times Square and belted her soul out which is something she has always been poised for:




She definitely wrapped up warm during her performance of Hurt, otherwise without the winter garments, she surely would be hurt, but other than that she looked great and definitely knows how to carry off that Marilyn Monroe look. She also hosted New Year's Eve at the Hudson Hotel and spent a lot of time cosying up to her hubby Jordan Bratman:

Cute.

Unlike her rival Christina who has surprisingly become the classier act, Britney Spears has really played herself as the nasty skank over the past couple of weeks, the mom-of-two who likes to party and abandon her kids didn't look so good when she hosted PURE Nightclub's New Year's Eve Celebration earlier yesterday:



I use to have so much love and respect for Britney because we share the same birth year (but then so do Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Christina Milian, Justin Timberlake, Jessica Alba, Kelly Rowland, Letoya Luckett, Craig David, Natalie Portman, all the folks I like but at least they have dignity etc). Plus I really enjoyed her music. When I listen to her track Slave 4 U and In The Zone album, I think, yeah, she really did put out some hot music and she can continue with it. However, she's been going downhill lately but I do hope she can put certain incidents behind her so that she can cement a strong comeback even if the blogger of one of the world's most popular Britney fansites doesn't seem to think so. We still have hope. At least I do. Things must really be bad because she collapsed at the event.

Pamela Anderson and Pauly Shore hosted at Tao Las Vegas New Year's 2007 Celebration and Usher, his stylist girlfriend and pal Jamie Foxx were all in attendance:




I had no idea Usher was still with the old lady. I thought they split up ages ago. Oh well.

Party animal Lindsay Lohan Hosted a New Years party at Delano, Miami Beach and a host of big named celebrities arrived so check out who arrived:



Top picture: Linsay Lohan, Kelly Rowland and Queen Latifah.
2nd picture: Linsay and rapper T.I
3rd picture: They were joined by a pal and R&B producer Scott Storch
4th picture: Linsay and Scott Storch
5th picture: Scott Storch, Solange Knowles, Ananda Lewis, Queen Latifah, Teairra Mari and T.I's missus Tiny.

Damn. Teairra Mari has put on soooo much weight. That's what happens when you get dropped by Def Jam and Jay-Z and you don't have a job. LOL! More action from the party:


Lindsay with T.I and Queen Latifah. Also Cassie performed at the event:



As did Robin Thicke:



All in all, it looked like a really hot party. I soooo definetely wish my ass was there. Cassie was also seen again at Miami Beach:



Miami is definetely Cassie's hot spot it seems. Meanwhile, Prince did a gig in Vegas:


I'm sure the untouchable Prince did his thang. I would love to attend a Prince gig one day.
Cassie was also seen leaving a South Beach nightclub in the early morning hours :

This chick really was living it up over the New Year period.

R&B starlet Ashanti was seen out in Los Angeles doing a spot of shopping to mark the era of a New Year:





It seems that over the holidays, Ashanti has been eating really well as she has piled on the pounds but it looks good on her. Watch her get back in shape for her new album Incredible.

Kelly Rowland was seen out at Ink and looked mad cute in her peddle pushers and cute laced skimpily-clad top:



A shorter style compliments Miss Kelly the best I think, as her face is really long. Either way, I cannot wait for her to drop her new album Miss Kelly this spring (if it doesn't get pushed back again that is).


Anyway, here's Nelly Furtado's cover for Elle:



Niiice.

R&B singer Joe has a new single called "If I Was Your Man" [DOWNLOAD] produced by Stargate, additional drum programming by Martin K. It's getting already early radio spins on radio stations including WVEE. This is the second single from his new album Who Is Joe?, formerly known as "Joe Who? Joe Thomas":



The first single "Where You At?" was written and produced by Sean Garrett. It features rapper Papoose. The video has already been shot by Music Video Director Billie Woodruff. According to MTV, the album will feature guest appearances and production by Nas, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, Jermaine Dupri, Chamillionaire, Fabolous, Bryan Michael Cox, Young Buck & Tony Yayo, Papoose, Tim & Bob, The Underdogs, Cool and Dre and Sean Garrett.

The album has been pushed back to March 2007! What is it with all these pushed back albums? Anyway stay tuned for more R&B crumbs!

0 Comments: