Movie Review | Smokin' Aces


Hey there Toya & fellow bloggers! I totally realize that I haven't done a blog post or a movie review in a long time, and I know a lot of newbies are like "WHO DA HELL IS THIS GUY??" But I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain or reintroduce myself, I'm just going to tell you guys to GO SEE THIS MOVIE!

I'm going to do my best to make this post short and sweet without spoiling anything for you. I know you love Alicia Keys, Toya, so i figured you'd appreciate this!

Now, what's the movie about? Well if you haven't seen the trailer by now, which has been just about everywhere, allow me to sum it up for you:

Buddy "Aces" Israel is used to being the center of attention, seeing that he's a Vegas showman doing all kinds of tricks, but in this case, he's at the center of attention regarding the Mob, the FBI and hitman who are all trying to win a $1 Million award for killing him. That's it. Of course there's backstories and blah blah blah. But this is the heart of it.

Now, this is a strictly shoot-em-up movie, so don't go in expecting to see Oscar worthy performances, however the timing, the build up, the unexpected twists... it works out, and it's great! It's a fun popcorn movie to laugh and even cheer for in some moments.

Now, since this is a music blog, I will go ahead and talk about Alicia Keys & Common.

Alicia: looks great in the movie. She didn't do bad at all, and she's a pretty good hit-woman and was great her sidekick (Taraji P. Henson, who was HILARIOUS).

Common: definitely got the serious role, and definitely did his thing as Israel's bodyguard. He was probably the smartest one of the bunch.

Everyone else made great contributions to the cast, but it is the guy who plays Israel who steals the show completely! He was dramatic, funny and had great card tricks! :-)

0 Comments: