FRIDAY'S R&B MUSIC REVIEW

Dreamin - Paris Bennett [DOWNLOAD]
This is reported to be the first single taken from Paris's upcoming album Princess P. With an album title like that, I was expecting her music to be on the teeny-bopper side. However, her vocal on this track is really unique and pretty compelling. As for the song, the message is inspirational and the beat is infectiously catchy with that edginess. I just found myself bopping my head to this because it's just one of those songs. I think it's pretty radio friendly but you know how the deal is with American Idol contestants that come third and fourth. Nobody really takes them seriously or give them the time of day. I hope that's not the case with Paris because the chick can really sing.

Ordinary Love - Paris Bennett [DOWNLOAD]
Wow, another hot one. If this music is representative of Paris's upcoming album, then I am truly looking forwards to it. This track is spanking hot that impresses with great vocals and some pacey rock influences. Darkchild has done a lot of production on the new album and since he'll be on his grind with Brandy's upcoming release, I can't wait to hear what he feeds us with this year.

Girl Like Me - Fantasia
[DOWNLOAD]
American Idol winner Fantasia has this latest unreleased track. It's an unreleased track that didn't make Fantasia's new album. It's one of those mediocre midtempo's that lacks any kind of consistency. I can see why the track has remained unreleased. I don't know. Something is just missing and doesn't have much spark unlike the joints on her latest album Fantasia.

Keep That - Christina Milian [DOWNLOAD]
This power packed anthem is an unreleased unheard track from Christina's So Amazin album. Christina added this song to her official myspace this week. I think the song is pretty mesmerising in a shake-your-ass-in-the-club sort of way. It's just one of those club bangers that packs heat. I wonder why she didn't put it on the album or even release it as a single. It sure as hell sounds MUCH better than that Say I crap, and I haven't been impressed with any of Christina's music since Dip It Low, though I will admit overall, that So Amazin was actually a decent album so why it didn't sell is beyond me. She is mad pretty, has a likable and charismatic personality and she's been in a lot of movies so to not sell when people know who you are is just weird and it's not like to say the album didn't get promotion because she was all over the place. I feel bad for her though. Perhaps she'll go the Carole Bayer-Sager or Diane Warren route, fully, now and make crazy cheddar. She's coming out with a new album later this year and is currently recording in the studio. She also has three movies in the pipeline. Releasing albums needs to become a side-jawn to her songwriting/producing career because the former doesn't seem to be working with her at all.

Poppin (Remix) - Chris Brown feat Lil Wayne [DOWNLOAD]
Hot hot hot. Lil Wayne's verse is hot too and I like this remix MUCH better than that O'Krispie remix which I thought was lame. Maybe because this sticks more to the original formula of the song which was hot anyway WITHOUT the added verses and whatnot, cos really, this song doesn't need a remix. But all these different versions are comin' out. Check out my other R&B music review this week to download the O'Krispie remix. Needing to add, when I first listened to Chris's album this is one of the tracks that stood out to me. I always said Poppin or Aint No Way has to be a single so I am glad Poppin is going to be the final single, to end the album off with a bang.

Get Up (Remix) - Ciara feat Polow Da Don
[DOWNLOAD]
I love this remix to the max. It's hot and shits all over the original in my opinion which I absolutely hated, despite a very joyous, vibrant and hot dance video. I just couldn't get into the song or maybe because I felt it was a recycled beat from her previous hit song 1,2 Step. But as far as this remix is concerned, I just love songs with that hard and edgy beat which is what this song consists of. In fact, this is the song they should have put on the new album. The song is mad sexy and her vocals are stronger than usual. Hot stuff.

My Valentine - Lloyd
[DOWNLOAD]
This is a slow paced track has leaked from his upcoming album Street Love and compared to his past stuff, I think this is some of his better music. I haven't really been into Lloyd in the past but this track has a nice smoothed out melody and it's really soulful, kind of reminiscent of previous Maxwell with some sexy falsetto.

0 Comments: