WEEKEND R&B FABNESS!

Beyonce is gearing herself up to release her re-released album B'Day (3rd April 2007) and I will be BUYING. For the past couple of months in the car, I have been jamming to my downloaded edition.


I didn't think the album was good enough to buy. I felt that the album was rushed and poorly put together. The album isn't terrible but it wasn't that great either. VERY few decent joints here and there, a lot of fillers and three nice ballads. Well make that two if you don't include Listen (which was originally a hidden track). But I want to see the video's and I want to get my hands on the new songs so I think for Beyonce's hard work and her determination to give us more, I think she deserves my money this time and it will also pay off in the long run. On the 2nd April, Beyonce will be premiering a new video called Still In Love on Yahoo and if you go over to the Sony Music website, you can listen to new tracks Flaws and All, If and Welcome To Hollywood. Proceed with the post to see more screen caps of each video.



^^^Suga Mama^^^



^^^Kitty Kat^^^



^^^Green Light^^^



^^^Get Me Bodied^^^



^^^Freekum Dress^^^



^^^Flaws and All^^^

Rihanna was spotted driving to Barbados airport this week as she prepared to go back to the United States. She was seen off by her mama and little brother. Obviously, they have different fathers because the little boy is dark skinned and Rihanna is mixed race (black mother, white father):




[SOURCE]

Rihanna now resides in the US and often goes back to her native Barbados as a holiday break to be with friends and family. She has returned to the US to finish recording her new album. Girl may not have much going vocally in the singing stakes but just like her idol Beyonce, the girl has a work ethic like no tomorrow. I really respect that girl. Honestly. I really do. Ambition lives in this girl and to me that's definitely a positive! I was in WH Smith bookstore the other day and saw Bring It On which she has a part in alongside Solange Knowles. The DVD was really cheap. To take away my shame of wanting my curiosity aroused, I may just say I am buying it for my youngest sister. We will see. *cringes*

Spice Girl Mel B stepped out in LA looking like the human version of Donald duck:




You can eat your dinner on that ass no doubt. Damn. That's what happens to you when you are HAVING A GIRL. You become big all over. Pregnancy is a beautiful thing of course and ANY woman who has the privilege of experiencing that is blessed. She looks great and it's nice to see she's taking much more pride in her appearance as she enters her last moments of pregnancy. For the past couple of weeks, home girl has been looking tore up. Now she looks lovely again.

Jennifer Lopez did more promo in Paris for her new Spanish album Como Ama Una:




LMAO @ that dress. The irony. Hell, as horrible as it is, if I could get my hands on a dress that reminded me of the man I would love to have babies with, I would probably rock it too. So don't hate. The shoes? Atrocious.

But at least she looked much better here...



That's the J.Lo we've all come to love (and hate for that matter).

Christina Aguilera and her hubby Jordan Bratman were seen out and about one more time:



I love these two as a couple. She looked hot.

Fergie was paid to make a public appearance at the 10th anniversary party of Nobu restraurant in London:



And in an interview that she did with the UK's Metro this week, she had her say about us bloggers in her track Pedestal:

There's a song on your album in which you criticise bloggers. Why's that?

I'm on a path where I want to be positive and work on myself and then I read so many horrible things that people say. I just don't think it's fair. OK, yes, I'm a target but I want to turn that magnifying glass back on the bloggers. That song is a question. OK, you have these things to say about me but what are you doing that's so positive?

What's the worst thing you have read?
I don't read them any more. I try not to but every once in a while I'll have a guilty pleasure and look at one. I'm only human. You start thinking in the same vein as the bloggers and it can become damaging to your self esteem. [SOURCE]

Here's a "new" Amerie track called Gotta Work (or is it?) SOHH claims it's an exclusive but the track is not listed on her official track-listing for her upcoming new album Because I Love It. Secondly, it is CLEARLY a Rich Harrison production:


[LISTEN]

Rich has done NO work on the new album whatsoever. If anything it sounds like a rejected cut from her Touch album which was released back in 2005. It's just that the song is just leaking and we're finally hearing it after it's been sitting around for so long. This is definitely One Thing reincarnated. It's an okay track, very old-skool. She's singing about Gotta Work but chick clearly "gotta work" on those vocals because she sounds bad and not in a good way either.

Here is the album cover for Ne-yo's new album Because of You sounding much like Amerie's Because I Love It. Because, Because Because. Is it a trend to have three letter album titles starting with the word "Because"? LOL.



Ne-yo has changed the album title from Know Me to Because of You which is the lead single taken from his new album. Of course I can't wait for this release to drop because his debut album was ON POINT.

And I also wanted to say a massive congratulations to Musiq Soulchild for mustering the no1 album in the country with Luvanmusiq- well - billboard that is.


I took the time out to review the album a couple of weeks ago. You can read my review here and I loved it. I gave the album a VERY positive review and it is sitting next to my herd of vibrators. So if you haven't picked up this beautiful album yet, you should!

0 Comments: