FRIDAY'S R&B FABNESS....

Before I proceed with this post, I was thinking that it is time I had a banner change because this one has been up for quite a while. I had this banner because Alicia Keys is one of my favourite R&B artists and I wanted to represent. I designed the banner myself in photoshop and as many of you come to my site in the thousands I am looking for YOU guys to design my next banner. First off, the banner has to be the EXACT same size as the one above with a pink border so that it matches the colouring and styling of my blog. Secondly, ALL banners submitted will be used. So basically everybody will be a winner! And not only that, thousands of Toya's World visitors from all over the world will view your work! For example, each week I will be using a different banner that was submitted to me. Oh and the following artists that I would like to see in the banner are Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Amerie, Ashanti, Tamia, Rihanna, Ciara, you know, all of the female R&B artists who are doing it big right now. You can put them in together OR you can just use ONE of these artists like what I did with the Alicia banner. It's all up to you. So if you're a photoshop whizzkid get to designing NOW! OK. Now let's get to the R&B goss.

Rihanna was spotted on the beach this week doing a photoshoot in an aqua-coloured bikini:



She looked hot. She has a cute lil shape, and we only have to wait 5 more days to hear her new single "Umbrella" which features Jay-Z.





I have no idea what the photoshoot was for but this new look of hers is definetely working in her favour.

Blu Cantrell has been spotted all over the place as of late. She attended Lisa Kline Beverly Hills Boutique Celebration which was hosted by Samantha Harris and Rachel Pally:




Maybe she has a movie in the works I don't know. If she were putting out an album I'd have known and I'd also have reported but shhe needs to put out another hot album. At the moment, I just don't get how her presence is relevent at so many high profile events as of late.

Kelly Rowland attended the Sony Ericsson Open & Ocean Drive Magazine 2007 Players Party at SET:







Strike the pose! I am loving Kelly's hair. And her face has become fuller. She looks great in so many ways.

Yesterday,
Corinne Bailey Rae did a concert at the Carling Apollo Hammersmith:



British rapper Lady Sovereign recently blasted Corinne saying that her music was boring. But Corinne shot back saying that Mary J Blige whom she had the privilege of meeting at The Grammy's praised her and told her that she really enjoyed her music. I enjoy your music Corinne.

Another new Jennifer Hudson photoshoot:



It's okay I guess. I haven't been really big on her shoots lately. In other J Hud news, it has been reported that she was supposed to perform at the Starbucks annual shareholders meeting in Seattle this week, but was dumped due to her Mariah-like diva-ish demands because she wanted cars, hair and makeup artists, security, her assistant and um, baked chicken wings. [READ MORE]

Robin Thicke performed at the Sony Ericsson Open & Ocean Drive Magazine 2007 Players Party at SET:




Jamie Foxx and Robin also attended the Sony Ericsson Open & Ocean Drive Magazine 2007 Players Party Dinner at O Asian Grill.

Joss Stone was spotted out and about in New York:



I have to stress how much I am loving Joss's new album. It's hot.

Cutie Shemar Moore was at the TV Guide Celebrates the Premiere Annual Issue: The Sexy Issue:



He gets a mention on here for being sex on legs. His steam will never run out in my eyes. Not as hot as before though but this guy can still get it.

Lastly, here are the scans of Lelee from SWV taken from the latest issue of Sister 2 Sister magazine:




[MASSIVE THANKS TO PSG FOR THE SCANS]

The interview is really sad. Her mom had her at 45 so when her mom was raising her she was really old. So she died old and broke when Lelee was just 22. Both of her parents are dead. Her daughters are 18 and 16 years old now. She had the first one when she was 15 and the second when she was 17 years old. She was also homeless, and when SWV split, their record company RCA only gave her $25,000 and that went towards her mother's funeral and burial.
RCA only paid them 5 cents for each album sold, which is just sad because they sold millions of records for RCA. Their debut sold 6 million and their sophmore 4 million. I have those albums in my R&B HOTNESS list. Those albums were R&B CLASSICS. Their third album went platinum. She also has a degree in accounting now but back then things were pretty bad. READ it. You will weep

Stay tuned, stay entertained at your no1 R&B source.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see your blog listed for the keyword 'mary j blige ' at blogsearch.sg ... I found your article about mary j blige quite interesting among the many more posts that are listed at blogsearch.sg