TOYA'S WEEKEND R&B REVIEW



Sterling Simms - Nasty Girl
I see that the Michael Jackson channeling has become a persistent thing of late. This track, I can't front, is mad hot. The way he puts down the falsetto over a 70's disco-orientated beat is just sick. Another track that can easily have come off Michael's Off The Wall album. I am quite surprised because of all the 6 tracks that I've heard from Def Jam's newest sensation, this one is different. And I can not wait to see what else he brings to the table.

Mario Barrett - What's It Gonna Be/Kryptonight
This is yet another leaked track from Mario's upcoming new album "Go!". The track is pretty. Vocals are tight. Nice beat. Don't have a negative word to say. In fact, I have been totally feeling ALL of the tracks that have leaked so far and this one is no exception. Another hot jam from the upcoming album goes by the name of Kryptonight and it's quite a banger. It features new rapper Rich Boy and it was produced by Bryan Michael Cox, one of my favourite R&B producers as of late. Hot track. Loves it! The constant album pushbacks are a bit annoying but once the album does finally get released I am pretty sure the wait will be well worthwhile.

Fantasia Barrino - Said I Wouldn't (No More)
This is an unreleased track from Fantasia and I'm really digging this. Production-wise I think it's a tight track. It doesn't showcase much of her range though but it's a pretty full-on R&B track and I would rather this was on the album then the totally ghetto-fied "Hood Boy". But her new album is pretty diversified so I'm certain this track could have found a place somewhere.

Bobby Valentino - Backside
This is a sexual slow jam about getting a girl on her backside *lol* It's an okay track but his song concepts are becoming a little too repetitive now. Basically, his whole album "Special Occasion" has more or less leaked now. His current single Anonymous (featuring Timbaland) has come in as the #1 Most-Added record in its impact week at Urban radio. "Anonymous" sets the stage for the May 8th arrival in-stores of Bobby's long-awaited second album, Special Occasion. Bobby has co-written more than three-fourths of the new album, which also boasts songwriting and production credits from award winning hit makers such as Timbaland, Sean Garrett, Tim & Bob, Rodney Jerkins, Delite, Bryan Michael Cox, and Dre & Vidal.

0 Comments: