AMERICAN IDOL SCANDAL

This weeks American Idol proved to be a right scam as far as voting is concerned. Last time I checked, this was supposed to be a SINGING competition but the results show on Thursday only demonstrated that contestants get by on POPULARITY and not on their SINGING TALENT. It seems that if the viewers like you, they will vote for you no matter what, even if that contestant put on a poor performance.





This is very evident as three very talented singers were knocked out of the competition whilst the viewers took it upon themselves to keep in the least talented singer in the competition. Is this a tragedy? It sho is. Proceed with the post to read more of my take on America's biggest show in TV history.

SABRINA



I am shocked. TOTALLY shocked. I thought she blew the house down with that En Vogue song "Don't Let Go". It may NOT have been her best performance but she totally ruled that stage and was VERY deserving to be in the top 12. What has Idol come to? How can they let such talent slip away like this? If I were a record executive, I would give this chick a record deal straight away.

JARED



I'm not blinded by looks. I know he wasn't the best singer in the competition but he sure did deserve that top 12 position more than Sanjaya. I don't know why he didn't get the votes. My mama was like, he was really cocky, too sure of himself, etc. I guess the audience can see conceitedness a mile off and decided not to vote for him this time. I'm sad because I had a soft spot for him. He is mad cute and had talent but I guess it wasn't enough to see him through.

SUNDANCE



OK. So he may have had zero appeal, may not have aroused a chick or set a woman's juices flowing but you can't deny talent. The guy could sing like nobody's business and he got cut. The judges were absolutely gobsmacked and had every right to be.

ANTONELLA: THE RIGHT CHOICE TO LEAVE!!!



So toilet-girl finally got her marching orders this week. It was only right that she left considering that Frenchie Davis had to go after posing topless on the internet. Antonella should have walked a long time ago. I understand that the blow-job pictures were not her fault and that she she put all of her trust in a previous boyfriend to keep those pictures under the lid. But the fact that she LIED about them at first and said it was a look-a-like should have gotten her the boot a long time ago, not to mention that each week, she sounded horrible.

SANJAYA: THE WRONG CHOICE TO STAY!!!



The weakest singer in the competition makes the top 12 which is shocking. He is a sweet guy with a likable personality which is what is getting him the votes but this is a singing competition and he should not have been put before the more talented singers who ended up getting voted out. AND HERE'S WHO I LIKE ...

LAKISHA



She blew the house down with that Whitney number and was VERY deserving of that top 12 position. Simon said she looked "beautiful" and I will definetely agree that she upgraded herself, the hair was nice, the dress suited her, what more is there to say? The chick rocked.

MELINDA



Talented singer but she looks like somebody's mama not to mention that she gives real contorted facial expressions every time she smiles. Won't print what my mama said because it just wasn't nice and guiltily enough, I agreed. Her wig looks a right mess. She needs to be put together a bit better but as talented as she is I hope she goes far.

STEPHANIE



She is fast becoming one of my favourites. I was rooting for Sabrina originally but now that she's gone, I'll be rooting for Stephanie in the coming weeks. This week wasn't her best performance though but the chick clearly stood out.

JORDAN



I wasn't feeling her song choice this week but the important aspect of American Idol is that you have to show a different side each week and if you can't do that then you're doomed. For just 17, this chick has a set of pipes on her.

BRANDON



Great singer clearly but his performance was so-so this week. Now that he has made it to the bigger rounds, he will need to step his game up because those white boys are ontop of their game.

CHRIS



I think this guy is the underdog and one that we should watch out for. I think he will make the finals because his voice can suit ANY type of music - R&B, Soul, blues, pop, country, anything. I actually like this guy and always look forwards to his performances.

0 Comments: