TUESDAY'S R&B SCOOP!!

Superstar Jennifer Lopez works with the Top 8 finalists on a Latin-themed AMERICAN IDOL Tuesday, April 10 and will perform her new single "Qué Hiciste" on the AMERICAN IDOL results show Wednesday, April 11:



Can't wait. Jennifer will definetely hold it down performance-wise but I can not WAIT to hear her giving out SINGING ADVICE to the contestants. This should be a real scream.

Yesterday, Kelly Rowland attended the 2007 Skating With the Stars Under the Stars Honoring Scott Hamilton and The Walt Disney Company:



She looked really pretty.

Yesterday, Toni Braxton did a concert for Autism Speaks Benefiting Autism Research at Frederick Rose Hall in New York:






Toni looks great. 40 is most definetely the new 20.

Boyz II Men, Brian McKnight and Joe performed live at Brixton Academy as part of a special one-off triple-headline R&B show in London, England on April 9, 2007:







It's been quite a while since Boyz II Men did a live performance over here. However, Joe attended one of my favourite night spots last year at Birmingham's The Works. And Brian McKnight did tell British Birmingham lass Cat Deely on American Idol that he was doing a concert over here as well. It was a really a good show I was told.

Here's a cute new picture of Monica with her cute son and her mama in the May 2007 issue of EBONY:




Cute!

As season-three winner Fantasia Barrino gets ready to make her Broadway debut in The Color Purple on Tuesday (April 10, 2007), she wanted to set the record straight about her tough past. She tells the New York Post that she was never, in fact, illiterate:









"I dropped out of school in the ninth grade, and when I said I had trouble reading, they took it that I couldn't read at all," she says. "I knew the basics, but some words that were unfamiliar, I couldn't figure them out." However, the "brand-new" Fantasia wants the world to know this: "I'm da bomb now, babe!" Apparently, she is. Since Oprah handpicked Fantasia to play the lead of Celie in the Broadway musical, she's been racking up box-office ticket sales –to the sweet tune of $6.5 million. But the $6 million-dollar-woman isn't nervous about living up to the hype: "I just want everyone to know that I have worked my butt off."

I am really glad she set the record straight because we all have our weaknesses at something. For example, I am a really good reader and writer (English and Drama were my favourite subjects at school), but when it comes to mathematics and numbers I'm just not really good at it. I use to flunk my maths lessons all the time, but looking back I DO wish I made more effort as all the jobs are asking for MATHS and ENGLISH as a major requirement. Anyway, mad congrats to her for being the 6.5 million dollar woman. If she brought her Broadway debut to Birmingham, I'd have DEFINETELY have attended.

0 Comments: