FRIDAY'S R&B SCOOPS ....



Ciara performed at the Redline Los Angeles Premiere last night. I still can not believe she made only the 25th position in BET's Best Dancers of All Time. I am trying to rack my brains out trying to understand it. I know BET shouldn't be taken too seriously and that this is THEIR list but still, that's just totally unbelievable. She puts all of her energy into her performances more than ANY other female R&B singer lately.



We all know she's a great dancer so that's all that matters.

This week Jennifer Lopez mentored the American Idol contestants and on the Results show she performed her latest new single Que Hiciste:




For the British folks who can not wait for tonights airing of American Idol, you can watch Jennifer's performance here.

Former American Idol contestant Kimberly Locke attended the "Perfect Stranger" New York Premiere this week:



She is reminding me of a young Faith Evans here. Anyway, to see more pictures and the main two stars Halle and Brucie, check out the wire images gallery.

Christina Milian recently visited the Luxirie offices and showed her support by sampling some of the new spring apparel:



[SOURCE]

She updated her Myspace recently to confirm that she WILL be filming a pilot for the CW Network "8 Days a Week" so she's really excited about that, plus one of her sister's had a baby and she's now an Auntie. And she says the new album is coming a long wonderfully as she's done some work with Rick Ross. Stay tuned for more exclusive news.

I totally miss the mid-90's. I miss the era when music back then just couldn't go wrong and all the young teenage R&B starlets like Aaliyah, Monica and Brandy totally blew up the scene and couldn't be touched. I miss that time when I was entering my third year of high school and all the girls would be belting out Brandy, Aaliyah and Monica tunes in the playground because it was a "street thing". We were living in a "Young Nation" where we all just wanted to be down at the time ("Wanna Be Down"). It was just "One of Dem Days" not to be taken so "Personal" because music was just hot back then as well as fun. Also, I reminisce the times we'd try to rehearse the choreography for Aaliyah's Are You That Somebody for the school pageant. We'd have one of these each year to prove our hidden talents whether it's in dancing or singing or whatever. I was 14 back then. Those were the days. But one of my favourite teen female singers in the mid 90's didn't just stop at Aaliyah, Monica and Brandy. There was a fresh-faced 16-year-old from New York who was extremely talented and had a powerful vocal and her name was Mona Lisa. Songs like "You Said", Just Wanna Please You and "Can't Be Wasting My Time" were songs I didn't think I'd be jamming to once leaving my teens, but you just can't help it because her debut album 11-20-79 was timeless - an R&B classic (you can even see it in my Hot R&B List):



Well, the picture above is a brand new picture of Mona taken in 2007 and she's trying to drop an album later on in the year. And here's another new picture. She is now 27 and is still very pretty. If I can recall correctly, new R&B sensation Johnta Austin made one of his debuts when he co-wrote Can't Be Wasting My Time (so yeah, he's been doing his thang for a hot minute now) and now you can listen to some of her new music. And also, you can check out her official My Space page.

R&B Crumbs ....



1. Here's some exclusive Brandy news. Her new single is said to drop this August and is titled "No Can Do". It's produced by Polow Da Don. How much of this is true will be seen later in the year. However, it is true that she's done a lot of tracks with The Neptunes, Tim & Bob and Bryan-Michael Cox is on board as executive producer.

2. Robin Thicke has worked with Usher on his new upcoming album. He says: "I've got a summer tour with Beyonce and I just did a record with 50 Cent this week for his new album. I would like to work with Beyonce and maybe we will come up with something while we are on tour and I definitely want to work with Jay-Z some day. I'm also working with Usher for his new album. Besides that I'm half -way done with my new album – I'm just so excited to be touring and being able to get my music out to people."

3. Lumidee has been honored by an Arthritis Charity: R&B singer/rapper Lumidee feared she would never be able to walk again after contracting rheumatoid arthritis, but claims her ambition to succeed spurred her on. The star has since been named Youth Ambassador for the 2007 Arthritis Walk on behalf of the New York Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation. She says, "I was fourteen years old when I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. "At 19 years old, the doctors said I would never walk. I worked hard and all that hard word paid off when I was able to dance in my latest music video. "I want to give other young people the confidence they need to stop this disease from controlling their lives and ask everyone to come out and join the fight against arthritis by participating in the 2007 Arthritis Walk." The event will take place on April 29 in Battery Park, New York City.

4. Ashanti hires Babyface to work on her new album "Incredibe" [SOURCE]

0 Comments: